Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post a screenshot of what you see in Hackintool.
Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 4.22.08 PM.png

Unfortunately I didn't screenshot the ports after having deleted the unselected ones (from during OC migration). However, they should be listed in USBPorts.kext, also attached (I'm going to check it now myself).

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 29
View attachment 561476

Unfortunately I didn't screenshot the ports after having deleted the unselected ones (from during OC migration). However, they should be listed in USBPorts.kext, also attached (I'm going to check it now myself).
you are missing SS ports in your info.plist

also listing 5 internal ports when you only have 1 wifi card listed as internal

you are missing SS ports in your info.plist

also listing 5 internal ports when you only have 1 wifi card listed as internal
That's weird... I set all the ports to the proper type, deleted the ports that weren't discovered, and removed discovered ports I didn't need that were above the 15 port limit. I did leave the Broadcom as "internal" (figured that was correct for that, but maybe I'm wrong).

Once the list was only 15 ports with the types explicitly defined, I exported it. So, where'd I screw up?

On this box, I have two front blue-tongued USB 3.0 ports. On the rear I have 4 USB 2.0 ports, 4 blue-tongued USB 3.0 ports, and two USB 3.1 ports (one is type A, the other C).

The front two ports identify as SS01 and SS02 - I chose to leave SS01 and disable SS02 (I have a hub on SS01 so that's fine). On the rear I left the HS ports defined, and did not define SS03-SS06 (the four ports on the back). I did leave the two 3.1 ports that are visible (though I'm not sure which numbers they are though I think the A port is PRT4).

If Ventura will operate on "all ports" (e.g., USBInjectAll.kext and XHCIPortLimit=TRUE), I'll happily flop it over and do it over.

That's weird... I set all the ports to the proper type, deleted the ports that weren't discovered, and removed discovered ports I didn't need that were above the 15 port limit. I did leave the Broadcom as "internal" (figured that was correct for that, but maybe I'm wrong).

Once the list was only 15 ports with the types explicitly defined, I exported it. So, where'd I screw up?

On this box, I have two front blue-tongued USB 3.0 ports. On the rear I have 4 USB 2.0 ports, 4 blue-tongued USB 3.0 ports, and two USB 3.1 ports (one is type A, the other C).

The front two ports identify as SS01 and SS02 - I chose to leave SS01 and disable SS02 (I have a hub on SS01 so that's fine). On the rear I left the HS ports defined, and did not define SS03-SS06 (the four ports on the back). I did leave the two 3.1 ports that are visible (though I'm not sure which numbers they are though I think the A port is PRT4).

If Ventura will operate on "all ports" (e.g., USBInjectAll.kext and XHCIPortLimit=TRUE), I'll happily flop it over and do it over.
the HS and SS ports are normally paired, ie HS01 and SS01 would be both set as USB3.0

you can probably ignore the PXSX controller and just concentrate on the XHC controller

the HS and SS ports are normally paired, ie HS01 and SS01 would be both set as USB3.0

you can probably ignore the PXSX controller and just concentrate on the XHC controller
Do the personalities count as 1 port or as 2 ports?

Hi all.

Something has gone wrong in the USBPorts.kext. Did Hackintool create this or was it manually edited?

You can see in the screengrab above - HS01 shows twice at different locations - 0x01200000 and 0x14100000. The PXSX port-count is also incorrect, or rather if correct, the last port has been missed.

While it is true your motherboard has an add-on ASMedia controller - hence the PXSX ports - it seems from the ASUS web-site that it only controls: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel, , Type-A + USB Type-CTM)

The Intel chipset controls all the rest including USB3.1 Gen 1.

USBInjectAll.kext is unlikely to work properly with the XhciPortLimit quirk set and on Ventura. That's why Catalina was suggested.

Check your UsbConnector types because a USB3 /SS** port, even for it's HS** personality still has USB3 pin connections so should be set as USB3.

While it is totally your choice only to activate one SS** / USB3 ports, that's ... unusual! :)

Hi all.

Something has gone wrong in the USBPorts.kext. Did Hackintool create this or was it manually edited?

You can see in the screengrab above - HS01 shows twice at different locations - 0x01200000 and 0x14100000. The PXSX port-count is also incorrect, or rather if correct, the last port has been missed.

While it is true your motherboard has an add-on ASMedia controller - hence the PXSX ports - it seems from the ASUS web-site that it only controls: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel, , Type-A + USB Type-CTM)

The Intel chipset controls all the rest including USB3.1 Gen 1.

USBInjectAll.kext is unlikely to work properly with the XhciPortLimit quirk set and on Ventura. That's why Catalina was suggested.

Check your UsbConnector types because a USB3 /SS** port, even for it's HS** personality still has USB3 pin connections so should be set as USB3.

While it is totally your choice only to activate one SS** / USB3 ports, that's ... unusual! :)
Hackintool generated this based on my Clover booted Catalina build. I have an SSDT-UIAC in place in the Clover build, and it certainly is possible I screwed that up, and if Hackintool relied on that for information that could have produced bad results, I but don't know for certain.

If Ventura can't use USBInjectAll.kext/XHCIPortLimit=TRUE, I could potentially reconfigure the Clover build to use USBInjectAll.kext and XHCIPortLimit patch (I'll have to look that up again) to redo the kext, unless there is a different way to accomplish this in Ventura.

Hackintool generated this based on my Clover booted Catalina build. I have an SSDT-UIAC in place in the Clover build, and it certainly is possible I screwed that up, and if Hackintool relied on that for information that could have produced bad results, I but don't know for certain.

If Ventura can't use USBInjectAll.kext/XHCIPortLimit=TRUE, I could potentially reconfigure the Clover build to use USBInjectAll.kext and XHCIPortLimit patch (I'll have to look that up again) to redo the kext, unless there is a different way to accomplish this in Ventura.
XHCIPortLimit patch is broken in later versions of macOS, this is why it is best to setup ports in Catalina

... unless there is a different way to accomplish this in Ventura.

There is, but it isn't so easy which is why configuring ports with a Catalina build is recommended.

I would use USBInjectAll along with it's "include" and "exclude" command-lines to map all the ports. First create an SSDT for the HS ports and another for the SS ports, then edit those together. Reboot with the final SSDT-UIAC.aml and export a new USBPorts.kext.

This is okay if you're happy with the process, but that's why the Catalina recommendation is suggested instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back