Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the MyHero guide to build my second hack and then found this thread as well. Both are great threads.

FYI - I used a USB 3.0 disk/key to install OS X. I just plugged it in the main USB 3 port in the back and had no issues at all.
Welcome to the HERO club!

Likely you had a particular kext available that I did not. ;) Glad it worked for you!

Just got my parts in.. Holy hell thats a big tower! Any particular reason you didn't use one of the more standard size ones? Tempted to return mine and try a different tower unless this build requires the space.

Just got my parts in.. Holy hell thats a big tower! Any particular reason you didn't use one of the more standard size ones? Tempted to return mine and try a different tower unless this build requires the space.
In all fairness I did say it was a bigger box...

I don't have a footprint problem - free to use almost whatever size case I wanted to. I went with this one due to the room - lots of room to work without scratching knuckles. And the case appealed to me.

No-one has to use the case I used - whatever works for him is just fine by me. ;)

Haha. Its true, you did mention that. I just wanted to make sure there was no necessary reason to use that box other than having it be roomy. My current box barely contains my wiring and hard drives so perhaps I should give this a go :)

In all fairness I did say it was a bigger box...

I don't have a footprint problem - free to use almost whatever size case I wanted to. I went with this one due to the room - lots of room to work without scratching knuckles. And the case appealed to me.

No-one has to use the case I used - whatever works for him is just fine by me. ;)

Once you start working in that case, I think you'll come to appreciate the roominess... ;)

You might want to set `XMPDetection=Yes` because otherwise the RAM speed should be locked by 2133Mhz. I don't know if it's only a visual bug or if there will be any performance boost, but I could bump mine all way up to 2998Mhz (my RAM should have 3000Mhz, so it's fine by me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back