Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why Change SAT0 to SATA is because of ACPI edits. i.e On my Z77 Desktop i inject these Values to SATA also another reason is because on a genuine Mac's SATA comes under SATA not SAT0. Another reason on why i do it because OS X/macOS can talk to the hardware better.
Hmmm.. I have this...
Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 10.00.09 AM.png

Do I need to implement an SSDT???

Not really. Generic AHCI means the driver match is on the pci class as opposed to device id. You can inject device properties in an SSDT to change the name from Generic AHCI.

Not really. Generic AHCI means the driver match is on the pci class as opposed to device id. You can inject device properties in an SSDT to change the name from Generic AHCI.
So that's just a cosmetic thing then, eh?

Hmmm.. I have this...
View attachment 268962

You can implement a SSDT like i did for Series 9. Will need ioreg. Take it this is the ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero? Might be better to wait until a Series 200 Mac is released although theres support in 10.12.6.

Incorrect. Need to inject a supported Device ID. No Genuine Mac has Generic SATA controller with a unsupported Device ID. Device ID Controller is not supported hence why its showing Generic AHCI Controller.

You can implement a SSDT like i did for Series 9. Will need ioreg. Take it this is the ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero? Might be better to wait until a Series 200 Mac is released although theres support in 10.12.6.
IOReg attached!

Attachments

• 20170727Heroica.ioreg
    8.6 MB · Views: 72
IOReg attached!

No Support in AppleAHCI.kext so can't do much atm wait till 10.13 is fully release then report back if the problem is still there.

Code:
AppleSATAExpress
GenericAHCI
ICH10AHCI
ICH6 ESB2 AHCI
ICH7MAHCI
ICH8MAHCI
Intel10SeriesAHCI
Intel5SeriesAHCI
Intel6SeriesAHCI
Intel7SeriesAHCI
Intel8SeriesAHCI
Intel9SeriesAHCI
MCP79AHCI
MCP89AHCI

The specs on Asus' site don't mention which "Intel Series AHCI" I have on that board (just says Intel SATA) - any idea how to find out?

The specs on Asus' site don't mention which "Intel Series AHCI" I have on that board (just says Intel SATA) - any idea how to find out?

You can look in Linux running lspci.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back