Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I don't know anything about the microphone. I bought a Logitech webcam and use that which works beautifully.

Are you sure you have the microphone source correct (and also plugged in to the correct port)?

Hi,
it's my fault, I've installed the VoodooHDA 2.8.8.

There's another kext on SourceForge, the 2.9.0d10, with this one in EFI/CLOVER/kext/other both audio and microphone works perfectly !

My latest Hackintosh has been made with an Asus P6X50D-E (first generation intel i7...i think) and has worked until now with Chameleon LOL. From Yosemite I'll not made any upgrade so for me is a great result. I spent some days to understand my hardware and the new Hackintoshing techniques. Thanks guys!!

I managed to make Audio to work without VoodooHDA.

If you want your build to become a golden build, you may be interested in fixing everything. :) However I'm not sure what's needed for a golden build, it's only my assumption :D

First make sure to backup `AppleHDA.kext` from S/L/E.
  1. Use this script to detect your codec etc.:
  2. Use method 3.A from this guide:
  3. Just in case use Kext Wizard to rebuild permission and kernel cache.
  4. Reboot. (The audio will not yet work.)
  5. Use this guide now to fix the issue:
  6. Just in case use Kext Wizard to rebuild permission and kernel cache.
  7. Reboot & Profit. :)

Thank you @Roboter for this post. I followed this after updating my Hero build to 10.12.6 - well documented to get AppleHDA working properly. :clap::headbang::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks @JCMunsonII this guide helped me out so much, had some trouble with my 1050ti and audio but with some help from this forum everything is up and running, and working perfectly, thanks!!!

Welcome to the HERO club! :) @Stork will hand out the membership badge, etc. :D

I need a little help with USB.
I'm pretty sure that all my ports are only running at USB 2.0 speeds.

I have a variety of USB 3.0 thumb drives and even one USB 3.1 Type C drive.

The USB 2.0 devices give a Blackmagic Speed Test rating of Slow and super slow... Write ~9MBs Read ~24MBs

USB 3.0 device = Write ~ 21MBs Read ~76MBs

But the USB 3.1 Type C device only gets a little better, say not-so-slow... Write ~ 20MBs Read ~ 148MBs

These USB 3 numbers I think are way too low. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back