Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Voodoo and its working just fine.

Given the hardware I've got in here is newer than what Sierra fully supports, and given the likelyhood of having to re-do the sound everytime there was a system update, I opted for Voodoo and have not regretted it at all.

Hey,
thanks for that awesome build , you helped me a lot with it and my hackintosh is now running :)

I discovered one problem with the sleep and the shut down because if i put the mac on sleep and will wake it up it's more like a sign out and i have to restore all chrome tabs etc. and for the shut down ,the hackintosh will directly boot again after the shut down and it's more like a restart.

Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks in advance !

First - the rules state you must update your profile with the relevant information for anyone to be able to provide adequate help.

Second, there are lots of reasons why sleep may not work, not least of which is proper power management. So, please check this list:

1. Have you gone through ALL of my notes and implemented ALL of the suggested changes?
2. What graphics are you using (this is where your profile information would help)?
3. Did you implement native power management as per this build guide?
4. Are you using any external USB devices that could potentially interfere with sleep?
5. Are you using any external Bluetooth devices that could potentially interfere with sleep?

And we'll start there...

my build seems to be running well for awhile now after some hiccups. the learning curve was steep for me apparently (ha ha). can you guide me to a good overclocking source please? or if possible, let me know your settings since we're matching builds.. I seem be having trouble figuring that part out.

thanks

First - the rules state you must update your profile with the relevant information for anyone to be able to provide adequate help.

Second, there are lots of reasons why sleep may not work, not least of which is proper power management. So, please check this list:

1. Have you gone through ALL of my notes and implemented ALL of the suggested changes?
2. What graphics are you using (this is where your profile information would help)?
3. Did you implement native power management as per this build guide?
4. Are you using any external USB devices that could potentially interfere with sleep?
5. Are you using any external Bluetooth devices that could potentially interfere with sleep?

And we'll start there...

Thanks for the fast reply, i have the completely same system but with 64gb ram and went through all steps in your guide.

I think it's not because an external usb device because it stays in sleep, just when i wake up it is more like a sign out with all apps closed.

Can an external usb cause the shutdown problem maybe?

Thanks for the fast reply, i have the completely same system but with 64gb ram and went through all steps in your guide.

I think it's not because an external usb device because it stays in sleep, just when i wake up it is more like a sign out with all apps closed.

Can an external usb cause the shutdown problem maybe?

Yes, external USB stuff can interrupt sleep/cause bad behaviors, as can Bluetooth.

To confirm, have you set up the custom USB ports? And, have you implemented the custom power management?

Hello!
I have almost the same setup, except that I have an 1080 GPU and I`m trying to use my NVMe memory......but it doesn't`t appears on disk utility! NVMe is not compatible?
For Windows, it`s working perfectly......but I can`t see my NVMe disk during installation.

I can't really help you with NVMe - you'll have to consult RehabMan's guide(s) on that subject.

I ended up fixing my audio by using an old SSD to install a fresh copy of Sierra 10.12.6.
Then I used MultiBeast to add the audio items like the ALC1220 and 100/200 Series Audio and the audio worked!
Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 5.06.32 PM.png

Then I took a look at the /L/E and /S/L/E folders as well as the Clover folder and compared the results to what my main boot drive had. All I needed to fix was the location of the RealtekALC.kext and add the FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Audio.kext and the FakePCIID.kext to the L/E folder (using KextBeast)

Audio working now without VooDoo or patched AppleHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back