Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Seems to be working so far, nice find! I'll run like this for awhile, if it fixes things for good I'll add to the first post.

Still would like everyone's opinion on how to handle the Ethernet driver, are we all ok with continuing with the FakePCIID.kext method or is there a better way?

View attachment 494337
Found this in the Dortania guide relating to device IDs. We'd add the information in the DeviceProperties instead of the two kexts if I understand correctly.

EDIT: Tried it but no luck and then looked closer at the existing DeviceProperties and that's already being loaded with the alternative ID. I clearly am missing something.

Attachments

• i225_V.png
    i225_V.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Found this in the Dortania guide relating to device IDs. We'd add the information in the DeviceProperties instead of the two kexts if I understand correctly.

EDIT: Tried it but no luck and then looked closer at the existing DeviceProperties and that's already being loaded with the alternative ID. I clearly am missing something.

On top of that, I'm still getting brief disconnects with the Ethernet controller even with it set to manual, so I'm back to Wi-Fi for now.
(It's perfect under Windows, I still blame the spoofing of the kext, it's not the "real" driver for our card)

EDIT: Trying again with slightly different settings, will report back:

1604616890921.png

Last edited:
On top of that, I'm still getting brief disconnects with the Ethernet controller even with it set to manual, so I'm back to Wi-Fi for now.
(It's perfect under Windows, I still blame the spoofing of the kext, it's not the "real" driver for our card)

EDIT: Trying again with slightly different settings, will report back:

View attachment 494354
I know this isn't exactly what you were wanting but have you ever thought about a USB Ethernet adapter? This one supposedly works with Macs with USBc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TFGMVW4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

OK, I think this is at a point where it's ready for testing. Hopefully someone else here can also test this. If it seems OK I'll add it to the first post. It should be a lot cleaner since I started with the provided sample config, and followed the OC guide as close as I could. (The part specific to Comet Lake here )

EDIT: Deleted, have made many improvements, newer version posted more recently.

Last edited:
OK, I think this is at a point where it's ready for testing. Hopefully someone else here can also test this. If it seems OK I'll add it to the first post. It should be a lot cleaner since I started with the provided sample config, and followed the OC guide as close as I could. (The part specific to Comet Lake here )

Thank you very much for the effort!

Just curious: Did you tried Big Sur? Could it works with this EFI out of the box?

Thank you very much for the effort!

Just curious: Did you tried Big Sur? Could it works with this EFI out of the box?

Not yet, but it's part of the reason why I re-built the EFI to be the latest and greatest, there are updates in there to get ready for it.

Not yet, but it's part of the reason why I re-built the EFI to be the latest and greatest, there are updates in there to get ready for it.

You forgot HDMI Audio: #69

Audio​

Working by:

• AppleALC.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
  • device-id=709D0000
  • layout-id=7
DeviceProperties:

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
<dict>
<key>layout-id</key>
<integer>7</integer>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>cJ0AAA==</data>
</dict>

(https://github.com/jergoo/Hackintosh-ROG-STRIX-Z490I)

You forgot HDMI Audio: #69

Audio​

Working by:

• AppleALC.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
  • device-id=709D0000
  • layout-id=7
DeviceProperties:

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
<dict>
<key>layout-id</key>
<integer>7</integer>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>cJ0AAA==</data>
</dict>

(https://github.com/jergoo/Hackintosh-ROG-STRIX-Z490I)

HDMI and DP audio are working perfectly for me without the device-id being hard set and the extra kext, as suggested a few posts back.

Back