Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Don't know… with your EFI I had no HDMI Audio, strange!

That is strange, both of my monitors are showing up and working as audio output devices using the on-board iGPU.

I currently don't have my RX-560 installed since I got multi-monitor working on iGPU, perhaps that's the difference?

That is strange, both of my monitors are showing up and working as audio output devices using the on-board iGPU.

I currently don't have my RX-560 installed since I got multi-monitor working on iGPU, perhaps that's the difference?

I'm using iGPU over HDMI and not DP, maybe is this the difference? Just strange …

I'm using iGPU over HDMI and not DP, maybe is this the difference? Just strange …

My left monitor is HDMI via iGPU, and I specifically tested it. Sometimes I route the notification sounds to come out there instead of my studio monitors as it grabs my attention better.

1604644887079.png

It works for me with my 5700 XT and HDMI
Maybe I used the wrong cable, I have 2 monitors without DVI port, only HDMI, so I must use HDMI to HDMI cable and DVI to HDMI cable for the remaining one.
Both monitors don't have HDMI audio output.

Seems to be working so far, nice find! I'll run like this for awhile, if it fixes things for good I'll add to the first post.

Still would like everyone's opinion on how to handle the Ethernet driver, are we all ok with continuing with the FakePCIID.kext method or is there a better way?
I don't have any problem with ethernet, using FakePCIID.kext, no disconnect, no lag. Here is my automatic detect, but I'm still finding a better way not to use FakePCIID kext
1604664644152.png

Found this in the Dortania guide relating to device IDs. We'd add the information in the DeviceProperties instead of the two kexts if I understand correctly.

EDIT: Tried it but no luck and then looked closer at the existing DeviceProperties and that's already being loaded with the alternative ID. I clearly am missing something.
Tried it last time and no luck too,
I must use the method to inject FakePCIID

Edit: how to check the sleep func work? currently, when sleep, my computer only turn off the screen, fans case still working so I assumn this func not working probably

Last edited:
Maybe I used the wrong cable, I have 2 monitors without DVI port, only HDMI, so I must use HDMI to HDMI cable and DVI to HDMI cable for the remaining one.
Both monitors don't have HDMI audio output.

I don't have any problem with ethernet, using FakePCIID.kext, no disconnect, no lag. Here is my automatic detect, but I'm still finding a better way not to use FakePCIID kext
View attachment 494453

Tried it last time and no luck too,
I must use the method to inject FakePCIID

Edit: how to check the sleep func work? currently, when sleep, my computer only turn off the screen, fans case still working so I assumn this func not working probably
I think the fans staying on is a very good indicator sleep isn't working, not sure there is a specific test you can run besides some terminal commands. Run this command and see the attached article former information. "pmset -g"

I see that there is a pid to prevent sleep when using pmset: sleep 5 (sleep prevented by UserEventAgent)
I know what this process is, but I don't know what thing this process is working on, still reading aroud for this sleep function

Thank you very much for the effort!

Just curious: Did you tried Big Sur? Could it works with this EFI out of the box?
I've have it installed on a separate drive for testing, they only thing I had to change in the config.plist was Misc/Security/SecureBootModel from 'Default" to "Disabled". I just updated to the Release Candidate but I can't say whether that is still needed.

Attachments

• SecureBootModel.png
    SecureBootModel.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 39
I see that there is a pid to prevent sleep when using pmset: sleep 5 (sleep prevented by UserEventAgent)
I know what this process is, but I don't know what thing this process is working on, still reading aroud for this sleep function
There are a number of things that can prevent sleep/ wake from working. Some Software, utilities or USB hardware are some examples but by far the main reason is that USB ports are not properly configured.

There are a number of things that can prevent sleep/ wake from working. Some Software, utilities or USB hardware are some examples but by far the main reason is that USB ports are not properly configured.
I'm using USBPorts.kext currently, and if my process to check is right, this kext work (all 3 ports in black disabled)
So I think I mapped these USB ports are properly configured

I'm using USBPorts.kext currently, and if my process to check is right, this kext work (all 3 ports in black disabled)
So I think I mapped these USB ports are properly configured

I just tested, mine is doing the same thing, waking back up after ~ 1 second. The answer will be in comparing the previous working config.plist to the current one. I started clean this time, so I might have missed something that was making sleep work. Another idea is to swap in the ACPI files from the last working one instead of the set in this build. Last idea is for me to rebuild the usb map AGAIN, maybe something changed in the latest 10.15.7 updates.

Back