Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

another thing to note: for audio in this mainboard to work, you only need to config Devices: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) with layout-id to 11, no need to spoof divice-id. you can remove FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

I'm thinking about intel I225-V as well, still finding way to remove all FakePCIID kext.

another thing to note: for audio in this mainboard to work, you only need to config Devices: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) with layout-id to 11, no need to spoof divice-id. you can remove FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

I'm thinking about intel I225-V as well, still finding way to remove all FakePCIID kext.

We still need a proper kext for the I225-V, the current method is spoofing it to a similar model, but to me it seems like it has packet loss. I normally run Wi-Fi only on the mac side to avoid this. I'd love to be able to use ethernet instead.

The purpose of the kext you are proposing to eliminate is responsible for enabling sound via HDMI or DPI outputs. Are you saying those will still work without it?

The purpose of the kext you are proposing to eliminate is responsible for enabling sound via HDMI or DPI outputs. Are you saying those will still work without it?
I will have a device (a monitor with the speaker to test this tommorrow, currently I have nothing to do with it :( sr about that)

I will have a device (a monitor with the speaker to test this tommorrow, currently I have nothing to do with it :( sr about that)
All you have to do to see what is enabled is open System Preferences/ Sound and check what outputs are available.

We still need a proper kext for the I225-V, the current method is spoofing it to a similar model, but to me it seems like it has packet loss. I normally run Wi-Fi only on the mac side to avoid this. I'd love to be able to use ethernet instead.
Sounds like Hackintosh Quirkiness. Ethernet has never been an issue for me. Have you tried changing the System Preference under Networking? I'm on my phone but if I remember correctly you select Ethernet and then click on the Advanced button bottom right corner. Then instead of the default connection method "Automatic" change to "1000 Base T". Can't remember the exact name but its something like that and its worked in others with bad connection speeds.

Attachments

• Manual Ethernet.png
    Manual Ethernet.png
    935.2 KB · Views: 44
All you have to do to see what is enabled is open System Preferences/ Sound and check what outputs are available.
forgot to mention, cause I use hdmi and div via my dGPU (rx card), so hdmi audio not works, tried it with or without the kext, because this patch for iGPU only, I think so.

Good news, I just rebuilt 0.6.3 from scratch, with all the latest kexts, and she booted ok. Will test for a bit and upload a new .zip if everything stays stable.

EDIT: Thoughts on this? I can't seem to get the Ethernet driver to load without FakePCIID.kext. The Device Properties edit isn't enough on our board:

1604607359246.png

Last edited:
forgot to mention, cause I use hdmi and div via my dGPU (rx card), so hdmi audio not works, tried it with or without the kext, because this patch for iGPU only, I think so.
It works for me with my 5700 XT and HDMI

Attachments

• Sound Output.png
    Sound Output.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 42
Sounds like Hackintosh Quirkiness. Ethernet has never been an issue for me. Have you tried changing the System Preference under Networking? I'm on my phone but if I remember correctly you select Ethernet and then click on the Advanced button bottom right corner. Then instead of the default connection method "Automatic" change to "1000 Base T". Can't remember the exact name but its something like that and its worked in others with bad connection speeds.

Seems to be working so far, nice find! I'll run like this for awhile, if it fixes things for good I'll add to the first post.

Still would like everyone's opinion on how to handle the Ethernet driver, are we all ok with continuing with the FakePCIID.kext method or is there a better way?

1604612132574.png

Back