Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see what @pastrychef has to say about your problem.

@pastrychef I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Funny thing is, under HS 10.13.6 I had most of what you describe below gone. In a desperate hope of getting my Thunderbolt to work I noticed that most people who were working on Thunderbolt had Mojave running, so I decided to upgrade to Mojave. But to address the specific items you mention -
Do I keep apfs.efi ?

I was reading several threads that pointed to the possibility that it may not be the GPU that's at fault but the fact that I had installed a Clover v4586 without Emulated NVRAM support, and according to this thread, that's what I needed to do because my Asus Hero 9 does not in fact support native NVRAM. Was I wrong to have installed Clover with NVRAM support over the basic v4586?
I don't think I ever installed the RC scripts. How can I check? Also, where do I get the uninstaller?
Made the changes, we'll see what happens.
I have PluginType set to 1. See my screenshot. Is that incorrect?
FB-Patcher - I'm not sure I've ever seen that thread. Is it under the graphics section?
Not sure if my problem is related but I've also just noticed that jpg preview doesn't render the images on screen.

Thank you again for taking the time!!! I'm about to try all of your suggestions. Fingers crossed.

You only need ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi.

Native NVRAM was broke for most people at one point. This was fixed with AptioMemoryFix. Whatever you read may have been correct at some point but it's no longer correct.

If you were using emulated NVRAM, you had to have RC scripts installed for it to work. Check the downloads section of this site for uninstaller.

No, not PluginType=1. PluginType=true.

Yes, check graphics section for FB-Patcher.

Broken Preview is usually associated with incorrectly configured IGPU.

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 3.17.52 PM.png

Thanks for all your help @Stork and @pastrychef - this is a lot of valuable information.
Broken Preview is usually associated with incorrectly configured IGPU.
Hmm, since I'm not using IGPU at all, do I still need to have it configured correctly?

Hmm, since I'm not using IGPU at all, do I still need to have it configured correctly?

It depends. However, with your build it won't hurt. I'd recommend reading up on this guide...

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

Specifically the section titled "Headless PlatformID's."

It's not too difficult. Make sure BIOS is configured correctly, you're using iMac18,3 definition, and this chunk of code is in your config.plist for the HD 630.

Code:
<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>AwASWQ==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>

It depends. However, with your build it won't hurt. I'd recommend reading up on this guide...

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

Specifically the section titled "Headless PlatformID's."

It's not too difficult. Make sure BIOS is configured correctly, you're using iMac18,3 definition, and this chunk of code is in your config.plist for the HD 630.

Code:
<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>AwASWQ==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
This is great info here. I spent the last couple of hours reading and re-reading about this. One question I do have - the code that Hackintool generates (looks like the same as you have posted here), where exactly within config.plist do I place it? I found a section under "Devices" but I'm struggling on how to do this via text editor. I don't want to screw up formatting.:think:

Thanks for all your help @Stork and @pastrychef - this is a lot of valuable information.

Real iMacs have IGPU enabled, so if you are using an iMac system definition, I feel it's best to try and mimic real iMacs as much as possible and enable it.

If you are using Mojave, there's nothing to configure in config.plist. Just enable IGPU in BIOS and set your RX 580 to be "primary display".

JPG preview still does not work as intended in Mojave.

Make sure iGPU is enabled in BIOS like @pastrychef mentions above.

If you are using Mojave, there's nothing to configure in config.plist.

Specific to Kaby Lake, this is partially true (I can't speak for other processors). Yes, he'll need to enable iGPU in BIOS. However, the ig-platform-id also needs to be set to the correct value in config.plist to operate in "headless" mode to truly mimic a real iMac.

Last edited:
@pastrychef

Insert foot => mouth. Looks like you're right; all that needs to be done is enabling iGPU in BIOS. This must've changed in one of the most recent macOS iterations. I could've sworn I had to define ig-platform-id on the initial release of Mojave.

@luckyal

Ignore my previous posts about headless configuration. Just enable iGPU in BIOS, and JPG preview should work.

@pastrychef

Insert foot => mouth. Looks like you're right; all that needs to be done is enabling iGPU in BIOS. This must've changed in one of the most recent macOS iterations. I could've sworn I had to define ig-platform-id on the initial release of Mojave.

@luckyal

Ignore my previous posts about headless configuration. Just enable iGPU in BIOS, and JPG preview should work.
I will try now. For now this is what I have as far as BIOS settings go and Clover Settings. Let me know if anything looks out of place (btw, i noticed that most people don't have Audio inject=1 and a bunch of USB settings at the top like I do).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-20 08.22.34.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-20 08.22.34.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2206.png
    IMG_2206.png
    980.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2207.png
    IMG_2207.png
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2208.png
    IMG_2208.png