Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I would document the changes and only make those that support the OS version you are going to install.
2. DO NOT install Mojave if you are going to stick with your NVidia card. Otherwise, get a Vega 64 as I did then install Mojave - lots of changes can be potentially "skipped" as most everything should run OOB.

Hello Community

I'm still new to the concept of hackintosh. I've learned much in the past year, but still figuring out a lot of ways to set up my hackintosh. I would really appreciate, if somebody could check my Efi-Folder for any improvements, and if there some kext i don't need or i don't have yet. Would be nice to have a feedback and any hints for improvements. Have a good new years eve.

Ps. I deleted the serial number etc...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35.2 MB · Views: 170
@Fraxinus - before undertaking that task, is there some issue you are experiencing? Did you follow the build guide and all the changes I've made?

@JCMunsonII - actually, i haven't had any issues the last weeks, everything seems to be working stable. Sadly I didn't really stick to your guide neither, because i've just spotted it. :) I just wanted to ask, if somebody could check my efi for improvements, or if some kexts, uefidrivers, and other setting (like HDAS to HDEF) are needed or even redundant. There's quite a bunch of things i don't know yet and i am not aware of. If it's a lot of work i'm asking for -never mind- i was curious .

@Fraxinus - Truthfully, if you want to understand what you are doing, and you should want to given the nature of what we've got going here, then reading through the guide, and its updates, thoroughly, and comparing your setup to that, then asking questions concerning the differences, would yield far better results than any one of us just making corrections for you.

One key difference for me at the moment is that I've switched to an AMD card given that Apple & NVidia aren't working so well together, and current Apple OSs are based around AMD technology. This has given me a more stable platform altogether, with less concern over required system modifications.

Aha!

Setting Primary Display to PEG, and enabling IGFX Multimonitor support did the trick! A case of "that doesn't exactly mean what you think it means" in the BIOS settings... Yay! :D

Leaner and cleaner - I like that!
This little bit should probably make it into your original post.

This little bit should probably make it into your original post.
It is already referenced in this update segment: 08/28/2018 - Hardware Acceleration enabled.

Hey @JCMunsonII when you updated to Mojave, did your computer reboot automatically and did you get normal installation screen or did it boot into clover? Mine booted into clover and was just sitting there, so I selected macOS install partition, which I assumed was the Mojave partition. It went took longer than usual in verbose and instead of giving me the next screen the monitor just went to sleep. I see the hard drive led blinking rapidly, but it's been at this pattern for the last hour and a half. I'm starting to worry.

My computer rebooted automatically, into Clover, which auto-selected the appropriate boot device for the phase that the upgrade was in. If memory serves, that was two reboots - once into the pre-boot installer, then normal boot & install. Possibly a third reboot after that, but you'll have to check the first post for details.

Why are you booting in verbose mode? You should only do that if you are experiencing a problem.

My computer rebooted automatically, into Clover, which auto-selected the appropriate boot device for the phase that the upgrade was in. If memory serves, that was two reboots - once into the pre-boot installer, then normal boot & install. Possibly a third reboot after that, but you'll have to check the first post for details.

Why are you booting in verbose mode? You should only do that if you are experiencing a problem.
Mine rebooted into Clover and then it was just sitting there. I selected macOS Mojave Installation, continued to boot but nothing came up and monitor went to sleep. I installed a fresh High Sierra on another spare hard drive and it boots up fine. I can see the original macOS drive and can access some of the files. I would hate to reinstall everything from scratch. Is there a way to revert back to High Sierra. I didn't clone the drive prior to installing Mojave, going off of how smoothly your process went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back