Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mavericks 10.9 [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The line-out (Green rear) is gone with the ViaHDA Kext. I am not using HDMI. My video is on DVI only.
See if any suggestions to get back the line-out. Thanks

Screenshot 2014-02-17 20.06.44.png

I'm curious to see if you get it worked out mcfchan because I have the same audio on my P7P55D-E Pro and I just installed Mavericks last night and haven't had much chance to use it but it appears the only thing that doesn't work properly is the audio and I get the crackling noise when I adjust the volume. I installed the VoodooHDA kext for the VIA1828S using kext utility and an AppleHDA Disabler kext.

I'll haven't tried the solution in post #12 of the most recent post by lexone yet though.

I'm curious to see if you get it worked out mcfchan because I have the same audio on my P7P55D-E Pro and I just installed Mavericks last night and haven't had much chance to use it but it appears the only thing that doesn't work properly is the audio and I get the crackling noise when I adjust the volume. I installed the VoodooHDA kext for the VIA1828S using kext utility and an AppleHDA Disabler kext.

I'll haven't tried the solution in post #12 of the most recent post by lexone yet though.

Ok I deleted the Voodoo HDA kext and reinstalled 2.7.4 for the VIA1828S and changed the frequencies in the MIDI set up with little luck. I still get very delayed sound that is crackling. I ordered one of these cheap Syba USB sound cards from amazon and figured it would be a cheap fix if I can't find any audio configuration that will work with the VIA1828S

The line-out (Green rear) is gone with the ViaHDA Kext. I am not using HDMI. My video is on DVI only.
See if any suggestions to get back the line-out. Thanks

View attachment 83620

Just a question, did you delete the old VoodooHDA. kext files, repair permissions, rebuild cahche then reboot before trying a new one VoodooHDA.kext? If you did not do it in this fashion, please do so.

It seems to me that your system is not liking some setting and for it not to display the line-out is an indication that it is not reading something right. How about under your Audio preferences, is there a line-out listed there? If not follow the directions I mentioned above before installing a new VoodooHDA.kext. Then go into your Audio Devices and check you Midi settings as outlined in this post.

As I mentioned above to mcfchan, after installing Audio kext in the proper fashion, if you experience crackling audio, check out the link in the reply post above. This is what it details...

...If you hear crackle from your speakers, check your Audio MIDI Setup. It might show that it is at the highest setting 192000 hz by default. You will need to change that to a lower setting, probably around 44100 hz.

View attachment 26678

Hope this helps.

I did get it to sound better than it was but it is still lagging and crackling.

99% sure that I deleted old Voodoo kexts, ran kext utility, rebooted and then installed the Voodoo 2.7.4 for the VIA1828S again with kext beast.

Then went into Audio MIDI set up and lowered hz to 44100 which was also an improvement but still crackling in audio or when adjusting the volume.

I may try this again just to be sure when I get home. But if I can't get it right then I'm happy enough with the Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter if I can get it to work...oh do I need an AppleHDA kext or Voodoo kext to make the USB sound card work? I've deleted my AppleHDA kext whilst trying to get the Voodoo to work.

great guide bro.

however I'm still on 10.8.5 and recently busy with ios 7 jailbreak stuff with my iphone(cracking yet another apple thing :D )

eventually I'll update to mavericks and when I update I'll check this guide ;)

thanks for your effort :thumbup:

great guide bro.

however I'm still on 10.8.5 and recently busy with ios 7 jailbreak stuff with my iphone(cracking yet another apple thing :D )

eventually I'll update to mavericks and when I update I'll check this guide ;)

thanks for your effort :thumbup:

Thanks @bion :mrgreen:

Thanks guys!
I reinstalled as below and the Green out still missing, I am using Kext 2.5.6

- delete ViaHDA.kext in Systems\Library\Extensions
- Repair permission using Disk Utility
- use Kext to build cache(which repair permssion again)
- Reboot and install ViaHDA.kext using Kext Utility, cache rebuilt
- Repair permission using Disk Utility

I tried 44100Hz and 48000Hz when installed v2.8.4 and v2.7.4 respectively, but both give choppy sound without adjusting volume. Thanks again!

I'm supposed to receive my usb sound card today so I'll post how that goes when I try it.

I did a fresh install and tried the Voodoo kexts again with the same results (choppy/crackling, laggy sound)

I also installed Chameleon and the FileNVRAM so I could get iMessage working, and it does, but my machine will no longer sleep now on its own. It was sleeping before I ran the Chameleon bootloader as shown in this guide.

Is there anyway to install the FileNVRAM or necessary kexts without going through Chameleon? I would love to have auto sleep and iMessage work.

I forgot to mention it before but in any case this guide is amazingly helpful and thanks to all who have contributed and to lexone for putting it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back