<< Solved >> Stuck to a logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 1520
CPU
T9300
Graphics
Intel Graphics << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am completely new to hackintosh and have already posted on this forum about a Dell Inspiron 1520. However, it died during the installation attempt. It turned out that a mosfet on the motherboard failed short circuit. I replaced it, and now it's back. I also upgraded the CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 to a T9300, which helped a lot: I was stuck to the Apple logo with no progress bar at all, and now there is a progress bar and it goes all the way to the end. But unfortunately, after that, I get stuck to this: (attached picture)

Attachments

• C5AA9B4B-DA31-4960-A4D3-3706991CE788.jpeg
    C5AA9B4B-DA31-4960-A4D3-3706991CE788.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 71
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

I am completely new to hackintosh and have already posted on this forum about a Dell Inspiron 1520. However, it died during the installation attempt. It turned out that a mosfet on the motherboard failed short circuit. I replaced it, and now it's back. I also upgraded the CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 to a T9300, which helped a lot: I was stuck to the Apple logo with no progress bar at all, and now there is a progress bar and it goes all the way to the end. But unfortunately, after that, I get stuck to this: (attached picture)
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

then boot verbose and then take a picture

OK I forgot to tell about my hardware.
4GB RAM DDR2 667mhz
Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (you can get Mojave to work on it)
The graphics are made by the CPU

OK I forgot to tell about my hardware.
4GB RAM DDR2 667mhz
Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (you can get Mojave to work on it)
The graphics are made by the CPU
which still needs to be in your hardware profile as mentioned above

Of course, sorry, I forgot to change that.

I am doing that to get GarageBand and edit my music, since this laptop has a very good sound card, and as far as I know it is not possible to download an old version of GarageBand than the one for MacOS Big Sur. Luckily I have the edition that's compatible with Mojave but I don't think it would work with High Sierra or Sierra.

also, when I did my first try with the T7500, High Sierra was behaving basically exactly the same as Mojave, so moving to High Sierra probably won't help.

I am doing that to get GarageBand and edit my music, since this laptop has a very good sound card, and as far as I know it is not possible to download an old version of GarageBand than the one for MacOS Big Sur. Luckily I have the edition that's compatible with Mojave but I don't think it would work with High Sierra or Sierra.

also, when I did my first try with the T7500, High Sierra was behaving basically exactly the same as Mojave, so moving to High Sierra probably won't help.

Hi there.

Have you actually booted to the OS at all ? I can't tell if you are still in the installation process or just trying to upgrade.

Basically the prohibited symbol you show in the first post means that the operating-system is unable to boot. This can be caused by one or two common things. Very often it is a USB stick being disabled during boot, but it can also mean that your system is not compatible with version of macOS you are trying to install.

The USB problem is realtively easy to correct. And the CPUs were both supported in different ways ...

The T9300 was used in Apple MacBook Pro from 2008, MacBookPro4.1, the T7300 CPU was used by Apple in the iMac7,1 of 2007. I guess both came with either OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back