Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Stuck to a logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't check device manager, I will check that tomorrow, I don't have the computer next to me right now
when you find out your graphics, then you can also update your hardware profile correctly

The iMac 7.1 is supported by dosdude patcher if the CPU is upgraded to a Penryn Core 2 Duo, such as mine, the T9300

The iMac 7.1 is supported by dosdude patcher if the CPU is upgraded to a Penryn Core 2 Duo, such as mine, the T9300
they also come with supported Radeon Video cards

there is an edition with no graphics card, the one I have
Looks like you may have GMA X3100 graphics then :

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 22.49.03.png

That's only if the graphics requirements are met. If you do have Intel GMA graphics, those are not supported. There were no Intel iGPU, integrated graphics on the CPU, that were supported until about 2011 with the Sandy Bridge Core I3, I5 and I7 CPUs. Before the first gen Core i series CPUs all Intel Graphics were on the motherboard, not the CPU.

1622674755441.png

Last edited:
This is weird, some macs that have unsupported GPU by dosdude patcher can be set to Intel HD Graphics and it works...
Anyway I am going to check the graphics

In device manager, the graphics section says Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family

In device manager, the graphics section says Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
then Lion or Snow Leopard is probably the best with your old system

Then I think I won't hackintosh my device. As I said I am doing it for GarageBand, I only have the Mojave edition. If I can somehow get the Sierra edition, which is even better (the pitch correction of it is much better than all newer versions of GarageBand), then it would be worth it. But for some reason my MacOS Sierra Installer app doesn't work correctly. I would have to redownload it, which I will do but my internet is about 500kbps...

My machine is old but runs windows 10 just fine, and windows 10 is way more ressource demanding than MacOS Mojave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back