Contribute
Register

Stuck on Apple - trying to boot with Intel HD 4600 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its there now, wasnt 100% uploaded sorry

Here try this. Remove SSDT-IGPU as you're using a DSDT not good to mix a SSDT for patching ACPI with a DSDT. Note you haven't implemented native Powermanagement. No SSDT for Powermanagement in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. You're ig-platform-id was incorrect it should be 0d220003 for desktops.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 205
Here try this. Remove SSDT-IGPU as you're using a DSDT not good to mix a SSDT for patching ACPI with a DSDT. Note you haven't implemented native Powermanagement. No SSDT for Powermanagement in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. You're ig-platform-id was incorrect it should be 0d220003 for desktops.

Ok so dont use SSDT-IGPU since I am using a DSDT file? Does that mean that im using patched files? I think I remember someone patching a DSDT file for me, I cant remember why though.

What do I use for power management in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Ya I changed that id on accident thank you! Will that fix it?

Ok so dont use SSDT-IGPU since I am using a DSDT file? Does that mean that im using patched files? I think I remember someone patching a DSDT file for me, I cant remember why though.

What do I use for power management in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Ya I changed that id on accident thank you! Will that fix it?

You can generate a SSDT using ssdtPRGen. Don't use a DSDT from other computers. Always patch a DSDT yourself. https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

If it wasn't extracted from ACPI on you're machine then no it wouldn't but if it was then thats fine depending on if the person patched it correctly. Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management

Ok I generated the SSDT.aml file and copied it into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and rebooted. I update the device id. But im still stuck on the apple? Im able to log in using splashtop remotely and use the computer..

Ok I generated the SSDT.aml file and copied it into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and rebooted. I update the device id. But im still stuck on the apple? Im able to log in using splashtop remotely and use the computer..

Have you removed you're old 750Ti GPU? Have you set Graphics memory to 64m in the BIOS? Boot with -v attach screenshot where it hangs. Or is it a black screen?

Have you removed you're old 750Ti GPU? Have you set Graphics memory to 64m in the BIOS? Boot with -v attach screenshot where it hangs. Or is it a black screen?

Where do I set the graphics memory in the ASUS BIOS?

Yes old gx card out

its not a blank black screen. Its the apple with no loading bars or anything on a black screen. It doesnt hang in -v. Like I said, you can access the computer remotely just fine while the hack itself is in verbose mode.

I just noticed I get this icon, could this mean something?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 10.29.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 10.29.17 PM.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back