Contribute
Register

[STUCK] GA-Z97X-UD3H-Bk, i7-4790K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed the nvidia web driver, and have since lost all video output if I plug the HDMI cable to the gtx960.

After installation of Web Drivers use the flag "nvda_drv=1" for booting.

If the booting turning to a black screen then boot with "nvda_drv=1 -f -v", is the booting stuck with messages on the screen then capture a clear photo of the entire screen and post here.

Flags before boot:
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last screen before i lose output :

image.jpg

Sorry for for the blur. I had to screen grab the video - it happens too fast.

Anyway to do it without pulling out the card again?

On the Clover boot loader screen, Select Options, then select Graphics Injector Menu then select the option InjectNVidia press space bar/enter to deselect the option. Then Select return and choose OS X partition to start the booting from it.

Once you had reached the desktop, mount the EFI paritition and open the file /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file then disable the Nvidia injection. Save it and try rebooting.

Thanks Jithin. I'm going to owe you lots of beer soon haha.

Next issue: after I changed the system definition to MP3,1 (I understand that's the best for most compatibility for a dedicated Graphics card and I have the 960.) I rebooted and kept getting a crossed circle- and I couldn't go any further. Any fixes for that?

also, I'll ask here. I'm going to be using my GTX960. Clover by default assigns me iMac14,2 for my onboard graphics install. I can go to MP3,1 or 5,1 for the graphics card (6,1 gives me issues - no video output.)

Would you recommend one over the other, considering that I'll be using Handoff which isn't "compatible" with MacPros older than 2009, so I feel I should use MP5,1. But then I have to delete the AGPM kept which I feel will affect the GTX960 in which case 3,1 is better. Or should I stick to iMac 14,2?
thank you guys for all your help!

Edit: it seems the crossed-circle was caused by the "updated" nvidia drivers 343.02.02f02. Still no luck. Going to reinstall the third time now. Ugh.

That's the -f -v result.

image.jpg

So first I thought it was the SysDef causing issues, then I thought it was the nVidia driver. So this time, I installed the OSX security updates first. But same result. Stupid crossed circle!

How am I ever going to do updates to my drivers or App Store? Everything leads to this denied sign.
slide=0 didn't help. And I can't boot into the recovery partition. Same thing happens.maybe there is a boot flag to try?

Install number 6:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    803.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Thanks Jithin. I'm going to owe you lots of beer soon haha.

Next issue: after I changed the system definition to MP3,1 (I understand that's the best for most compatibility for a dedicated Graphics card and I have the 960.) I rebooted and kept getting a crossed circle- and I couldn't go any further. Any fixes for that?

also, I'll ask here. I'm going to be using my GTX960. Clover by default assigns me iMac14,2 for my onboard graphics install. I can go to MP3,1 or 5,1 for the graphics card (6,1 gives me issues - no video output.)

Would you recommend one over the other, considering that I'll be using Handoff which isn't "compatible" with MacPros older than 2009, so I feel I should use MP5,1. But then I have to delete the AGPM kept which I feel will affect the GTX960 in which case 3,1 is better. Or should I stick to iMac 14,2?
thank you guys for all your help!

Edit: it seems the crossed-circle was caused by the "updated" nvidia drivers 343.02.02f02. Still no luck. Going to reinstall the third time now. Ugh.

That's the -f -v result.

View attachment 131464

Remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64 from the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ then try to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back