Graphics
MSI GTX 970 4G
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've tried installing Yosemite 9 times in the last 6 hours now (so yes, I read the guide!), but I can never get past the install, the OS just won't boot. A combination of black screens, auto-reboots and freezes all the time.
Has anyone successfully used Clover to get Yosemite on this motherboard (It is from the Buyer's guide after all!)? I'd appreciate any help with the options chosen for the installer USB as well as post-install, and mobo specific would be awesome!

full config:
GA-Z97X-UD3h
i7-4790k
G.Skill 16GB 2x8 DDR3
GA GTX960
BCM94360CD chip

1. I've checked all parts are Haswell compatible.
2. The BIOS is updated and settings checked correct.
3. I can install using Unibeast but would like Clover for its features (iMessage.)

Also, are you installing with the GTX plugged in and nv_disable=1 OR pull it out altogether?
I'd appreciate any help!

Make sure to add FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagment.kext to the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 folder. Also, did you use the standardconfig.plist in your install?

Make sure to add FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagment.kext to the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 folder. Also, did you use the standardconfig.plist in your install?

I copied both of those as well as the IntelE1000.kext into the folder.
I used the config.plist that was given in the Clover Guide (for the HD4600) as I had the GTX960 removed at the time. That got me the furthest, where I actually successfully completed the install. Still couldn't boot past that point though.

Not to mention it drove Clover boot and my BIOS nuts- the boot selection screen would take one keystroke and it was like the key was stuck, it just kept going! Same with Clover boot selection menu.

If you are trying to install Clover Yosemite on a GA-Z87X-UD3H (as I understand from your first post), this should be relatively easy. There are many post here detailing the installation on the Z87X chipset - just do a search in the 'Users Builds' in 'THE BUILD' Forum.

The key is, make sure you set up the BIOS correctly prior to the installation -> do not plug the installation USB drive into a USB 3.0 port - Good Luck.

Hi, is this a Z87 or Z97 ?
I have the Z97 with a gtx960 also and I am alos stuck, but at the post install.
I would be happy to help you with the little knowledgesI got from the past 3 days reading threads on this forum :) Maybe with the two of us we can make it.

I used Chimera, mainly following this guide. Booting with the flag : nv_disable=1 did the trick for me each time I got stuck at the apple logo screen.

The key is, make sure you set up the BIOS correctly prior to the installation -> do not plug the installation USB drive into a USB 3.0 port - Good Luck.

I'm confident the BIOS is set correctly because I can successfuly complete an install using the Unibeast method but I can't remember where I plugged my USB in. I'll try it again tmrw

Hi, is this a Z87 or Z97 ?
I have the Z97 with a gtx960 also and I am alos stuck, but at the post install.
I would be happy to help you with the little knowledgesI got from the past 3 days reading threads on this forum :) Maybe with the two of us we can make it.

I used Chimera, mainly following this guide. Booting with the flag : nv_disable=1 did the trick for me each time I got stuck at the apple logo screen.

Thanks!
I've actually had 1000% success using the Chimera method. See my post at : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-bk-i7-4790k-16gb-g-skill-ddr3-gtx-960-a.html

Ahah ok ! I missed this thread, thank you for pointing it.
I will definitely look at it into details and see if it can fix my post install issues.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is not required while using clover. Just enable the AsusAICPUPM on config.plist file. It can patch the native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back