Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M5
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700k
Graphics
Asus Dual GTX 1060
I downloaded the Nvidia web drivers for my card, and it says that the system needs to restart to use them. When the system boots back up, the Apple logo quickly disappears and it shows a white crossed out sign, similar to the ones that are used for no smoking areas.

I double checked and made sure that the graphics card was not disabled in the clover arg, the only one there is dart=0.

The OS X graphics driver is trash, and everything is laggy, and the system did not detect the graphics card and only showed "Display 5 mb" in the graphics section of About My Mac.

The system boots fine when booted from scratch, with OS X graphics drivers. How can I fix?

1. Make sure your BIOS settings are right in relation to UEFI Video BIOS ROM Loading - sorry dont know your motherboard to help more but basically the BIOS Video option ROM should probably not be set to Legacy Only or Disabled.

If you have already set your motherboard to defaults it is more likely to be -

2. Did you make any edits in config.plist? see below

Run Clover Configurator
mount and open the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist on the EFI partition on the Hard disk;

1. Select Graphics, put a tick in Inject Nvdia and remove the tick in Inject Intel (if its there),

2. Edit the plist in Text Mode (bottom option in Clover Conf.) adding the 2 lines about Nvidia, so the last entry will read;

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Save the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist back to the hard drives EFI partition.
Quit Clover Configurator.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back