GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
HD 6870
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

Anyone that can help med I'm stuck at boot an can't boot in safe mode either.
I am running Clover boot loader with internal graphics on Catalina.

Everything worked perfectly for a long time until my kids turn of the power to my pc then the bios got messed up but got it working again by updating the bios and then it worked for a while and now I hade to do a hard restart because nothing was working and know I get get in anymore.

IMG_1592.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi there,

I have a guide here for Z68 motherboards on High Sierra using Clover which includes BIOS settings you can double-check against. Perhaps it can help you?
> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-p8z68-vpro-core-i5-i2500-nvidia-gtx-1060.250985/

Give it a try and see if it works for you. If not you may have to move over to Opencore, since Catalina is very tricky to get working with Clover (in my experience). Opencore is much easier to build IMO (once you understand the mechanics of it all via the Dortania guide) plus it has a Sanity Checker available that helps ensure your EFI is correctly set for your particular system.

Hi there,

I have a guide here for Z68 motherboards on High Sierra using Clover which includes BIOS settings you can double-check against. Perhaps it can help you?
> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-p8z68-vpro-core-i5-i2500-nvidia-gtx-1060.250985/

Give it a try and see if it works for you. If not you may have to move over to Opencore, since Catalina is very tricky to get working with Clover (in my experience). Opencore is much easier to build IMO (once you understand the mechanics of it all via the Dortania guide) plus it has a Sanity Checker available that helps ensure your EFI is correctly set for your particular system.
Hi and thanks for the reply.

The strange thing is that it worked great for a very long time so I don’t know what happened. I’ve checked everything in bios and all is as it should be.

I wonder what the kernel panic is I can’t find any info on it anywhere.

So after a fresh install on 2 different hdd´s 1 with Opencore and 1 with clover I think everything works as should but can't get the intel HD 3000 to work properly not in clover and not in opencore I am getting intel HD 2000 512Mb an my built freezes up after some time :( and I think the graphic is the problem because I put an hd 6870 that I used before the Catalina time and no more freezes but it sluggish as hell.

So after a fresh install on 2 different hdd´s 1 with Opencore and 1 with clover I think everything works as should but can't get the intel HD 3000 to work properly not in clover and not in opencore I am getting intel HD 2000 512Mb an my built freezes up after some time :( and I think the graphic is the problem because I put an hd 6870 that I used before the Catalina time and no more freezes but it sluggish as hell.
Intel HD3000 is not officially supported in Catalina

you will need to do:
or use compatible macOS for your hardware

Intel HD3000 is not officially supported in Catalina

you will need to do:
or use compatible macOS for your hardware

Yes I know but It has worked fine for me for a long time with Chris1111 patch. And now I don't know what is wrong I have the same config file and everything.

Looking at your verbose screengrab, I wonder if something *did* change because the last line of text says it all.

Perhaps an automatic update occurred and has upset your system?

:)

Looking at your verbose screengrab, I wonder if something *did* change because the last line of text says it all.

Perhaps an automatic update occurred and has upset your system?

:)
Yes it may be possible but now I’ve made a fresh install and it boots up just fine but it seems that there is a problem with the Intel hd 3000 because I’m getting Intel hd 2000 512mb in about this Mac. I’ve made a new install drive with Catalina maybe something has changed and that’s why I’m getting the HD 2000. Chris1111 hasn’t updated his patch for a wile now so maybe the kexts are not working anymore.
A lot of maybes here :)
I’m just about to give up on this build I’m only using it for Plex server now a days.

Back