Contribute
Register

Stuck at apple logo :( [installing snow leopard]

Status
Not open for further replies.
japsei

please set the Init Display First w a field setting of PCIe 1.. to AUTO.

in screen two change Intel Virtualization Technology to disable.

then lets try w booting from IBoot for haswell w the switches again

One other thing watch this video and compare its bios settings to yours...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/340-snow-leopard-mountain-lion-ivy-bridge-installation-video-guide.html

Some of the terms maybe different but its a Gigabyte motherboard Z77 so its should be similar.

I get the same halt screen. Should I just re-install the Snow Leopard and Combo update and not the Multibeast? :D (No start up errors until I installed Multibeast)

I get the same halt screen. Should I just re-install the Snow Leopard and Combo update and not the Multibeast? :D (No start up errors until I installed Multibeast)

Yes lets do that please...

Yes lets do that please...

Once I installed the Snow Leopard and the update. How will I be able to connect to the internet? (in Mac OS)
TP-link wireless adapter is the one im using to connect to the internet in windows.
(i dont have long ethernet cables)

Btw, I have two different harddrives and plan to install the two OS separately.

Once I installed the Snow Leopard and the update. How will I be able to connect to the internet? (in Mac OS)
TP-link wireless adapter is the one im using to connect to the internet in windows.
(i dont have long ethernet cables)

Btw, I have two different hard drives and plan to install the two OS separately.

japsei

well the iBoot for haswell has no wifi... and since you have SL the wifi it has is Apple Wifi.

But if you have the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 this should be recognized by SNow leo as and Apple Air device once 10.6.8 is installed.

Use this link to get Snow Leo Combo update... its a big file - but it on one of the Drives that will mount once you boot up, or a USB.. or both to be safe.
http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1399

So this is a problem can the computer be moved and a cable used.
If not
You may want to disable the onboard network nic for now in the BIOS.

Get the core OSX Sl installed 10.6.3 - then do update then install TP card do tell us which one u have.

To get to the APple store the ethernet internal address needs to be en0
which means that we have only one network in the network panel...
tote.

japsei

well the iBoot for haswell has no wifi... and since you have SL the wifi it has is Apple Wifi.

But if you have the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 this should be recognized by SNow leo as and Apple Air device once 10.6.8 is installed.

Use this link to get Snow Leo Combo update... its a big file - but it on one of the Drives that will mount once you boot up, or a USB.. or both to be safe.
http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1399

So this is a problem can the computer be moved and a cable used.
If not
You may want to disable the onboard network nic for now in the BIOS.

Get the core OSX Sl installed 10.6.3 - then do update then install TP card do tell us which one u have.

To get to the APple store the ethernet internal address needs to be en0
which means that we have only one network in the network panel...
tote.

Thank you for the help so far.

I'm currently using the TL-WN781ND. The are still no internet connection after the 10.6.8 update.

Tried using an Ethernet Cable. Can't choose "Ethernet Cable" as a type of connection and the only option I can choose is "other" Still can't connect to the internet.

Thank you for the help so far.

I'm currently using the TL-WN781ND. The are still no internet connection after the 10.6.8 update.

Tried using an Ethernet Cable. Can't choose "Ethernet Cable" as a type of connection and the only option I can choose is "other" Still can't connect to the internet.

japsei

Ok so as we stand right now we have a working SL OSX ver 10.6.8 on the hardware and You do NOT have internet access, Options!

If you disabled the onboard ethernet for the network port on the rear then this is why we don't see the connection in Network control panel.

If you did not disable the network jack in the BIOS then their is a kext problem

So which did you do - I also thought that you could not use the network jack. If we get this working then it would be the better.

And if we do get it working then remove the wifi card...

Advise us please.

Now is we can get the wifi working we would disable the onboard nic but we need some information.
As to the WIFI we need to know what hardware version you have for this card.
As two chipsets were made
version 1.0 used AR9285
Version 2.0 used AR9485

can u check at let us know.

I would search keywords in the Network forum for those AR #s and Snow Leopard.
This would also work in Google as well.

japsei

Ok so as we stand right now we have a working SL OSX ver 10.6.8 on the hardware and You do NOT have internet access, Options!

If you disabled the onboard ethernet for the network port on the rear then this is why we don't see the connection in Network control panel.

If you did not disable the network jack in the BIOS then their is a kext problem

So which did you do - I also thought that you could not use the network jack. If we get this working then it would be the better.

And if we do get it working then remove the wifi card...

Advise us please.

Now is we can get the wifi working we would disable the onboard nic but we need some information.
As to the WIFI we need to know what hardware version you have for this card.
As two chipsets were made
version 1.0 used AR9285
Version 2.0 used AR9485

can u check at let us know.

I would search keywords in the Network forum for those AR #s and Snow Leopard.
This would also work in Google as well.

sir sorry for the very late reply been busy doing school stuffs.
My snow leopard is now running :D

sir I can't understant what you are trying your trying to say.

I still can't connect to the internet. :(
I tried using ethernet cables but still didn't work.
IMG_7091.jpg

sir sorry for the very late reply been busy doing school stuffs.
My snow leopard is now running :D

sir I can't understant what you are trying your trying to say.

I still can't connect to the internet. :(
I tried using ethernet cables but still didn't work.
View attachment 73130

japsei

Ok so your running Sl 10.6.8 on your haswell hack.

But you cant get the network on the motherboard to work. THis motherboard has a Intel i217V chipset - this chipset needs a newer intelApple1000e kext

As the old one in Snow Leo is to not working with the new chips as you state found out.

SO what you can do is to use the MultiBeast 6.x and install only from the Network section of MultiBeast the kext for that Intel nick.

You can also use the MultiBeast 5.5.3 / or 5.5.4 version as well I think.

After you install it make sure run System Utilities from SL.

Make sure you open Snow Leopard MultiBeast and ONLY RUN THE SYSTEM Utilities to set file permissions which is what this does.

THen you reBoot

When you startup do clear the Snow Leo cache by using the -f switch

so if your using a boot up switch string like this - "-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes " you add the "-f"

This will enable OSX to load the new kext instead of using the old one from the Cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back