Contribute
Register

Strange kernel panic after injecting HD 5500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 81
  • 16114059_1434105863266831_797632593581058183_n.jpg
    16114059_1434105863266831_797632593581058183_n.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 104
So I did some experimenting and I found some patched Framebuffer kexts from a YouTube tutorial, installed them, and now my Gpu is recognized with full VRAM and brightness control but I still don't have QE/CI. That happens on Sierra. If I try the same kexts on El Capitan, I get the same KP as above.

So I did some experimenting and I found some patched Framebuffer kexts from a YouTube tutorial, installed them, and now my Gpu is recognized with full VRAM and brightness control but I still don't have QE/CI. That happens on Sierra. If I try the same kexts on El Capitan, I get the same KP as above.

No need to install any kexts for graphics. All patching needed can be done from config.plist.

So a friend of mine patched the DSDT for me. He got the graphics injection right but it still hangs on boot with vanilla BDW kexts. I don't know what else to do now. I will definitely try a clean installation on a new hard drive because I want to start from scratch. Also, do you need pictures of all my BIOS settings? The screenshot shows what happens with the patched BDW kexts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 13.48.40.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 13.48.40.png
    336 KB · Views: 141
So a friend of mine patched the DSDT for me. He got the graphics injection right but it still hangs on boot with vanilla BDW kexts. I don't know what else to do now. I will definitely try a clean installation on a new hard drive because I want to start from scratch. Also, do you need pictures of all my BIOS settings? The screenshot shows what happens with the patched BDW kexts.

Don't have someone else do your work for you. You need to understand how it all works and how to do it yourself.

Start over...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Hi there. I would help because i have exact the same CPU and the same problem. And the same Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back