Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, I'm running with same mobo/cpu, but without a graphics card. After rebooting without the USB drive for the first time, the boot process stalls with the progress bar 2/3rds of the way along. Adding "-v" as an option leaves the following message as the last item on screen:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Above that, there are a number of relevant looking IGPU messages, the most relevant seem to be:

[IGPU] Failed to initialize graphics firmware. Falling back to host-side scheduling
[IGPU] Scheduler interface revision = 1: Default EL Scheduler

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I was able to boot in /once/, using (IIRC) "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v". I can't reproduce this.

In Clover Configurator, Graphics section, make sure Inject Intel is checked and, in ig-platform-id, enter 19120000.

In BIOS, max out the VRAM.

In Clover Configurator, Graphics section, make sure Inject Intel is checked and, in ig-platform-id, enter 19120000.

In BIOS, max out the VRAM.

Thanks for your help!

The first two settings are already as you say.

I can't see any VRAM-related options in the BIOS. Any other words I should be looking for?

I've just spotted this post, and got the system to boot using a fake ID: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ade-to-serria-from-elcap.224355/#post-1525356

I'll now try the next steps in that post.

Thanks for your help!

The first two settings are already as you say.

I can't see any VRAM-related options in the BIOS. Any other words I should be looking for?

I've just spotted this post, and got the system to boot using a fake ID: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ade-to-serria-from-elcap.224355/#post-1525356

I'll now try the next steps in that post.

170721213102.jpg

@Stork

Hi, thanks for the post. This was my first attempt at all this and went pretty well.

Having issues with getting my audio interface to work though (motu 828mk3). Getting a hang and eventual system crash when opening cue mix.

I did see you have your presonus interface running via FireWire, where there any special settings you needed to adjust or change to get that up n running (bios, clover)?

If there's any info I can post to help identify my issue I will but not sure exactly what would be appropriate?

It seems from my incredibly limited knowledge that it is related to the ioaudiofamily but I'm not certain.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

My ahci-thirdpartysata kext isn't loading, not sure if that has any relation or not.

Having issues with getting my audio interface to work though (motu 828mk3). Getting a hang and eventual system crash when opening cue mix.

I did see you have your presonus interface running via FireWire, where there any special settings you needed to adjust or change to get that up n running (bios, clover)?

If there's any info I can post to help identify my issue I will but not sure exactly what would be appropriate?

It seems from my incredibly limited knowledge that it is related to the ioaudiofamily but I'm not certain.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

My ahci-thirdpartysata kext isn't loading, not sure if that has any relation or not.
No special settings for my using the SYBA FW PCIe card. I see if I can some time today to play with it. I use it record my practice sessions, but haven't seen any problems.

Remove the AHCI-ThirdParty kext. I had it as Optional but I have removed it from my MultiBeast configuration optional choice.

No special settings for my using the SYBA FW PCIe card. I see if I can some time today to play with it. I use it record my practice sessions, but haven't seen any problems.

Remove the AHCI-ThirdParty kext. I had it as Optional but I have removed it from my MultiBeast configuration optional choice.
Thanks for the reply, I tried removing it but made little difference. Wasn't sure if it was integral. Will just trashing it remove it correctly? Also, is it recommended or not to post a full crash report? Sorry for the dumb questions.

I'm using a siig FireWire card with ti chipset, also tried on a Lindy with ti chipset. Same results, both work on 3.1 Mac Pro. Under Yosemite. Seems to work just fine with tc powercore FireWire card too?

Thanks again

Just a quick note to say that installing Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup solved my boot problems, and also removed some graphical glitches when logging in and opening windows.

Hi there,
i got mostly the same build as you Stork. After reinstalling MacOs the system works fine, but i can't see the BIOS and also cant see Clover menu at startup. My Monitor (4k on DisplayPort) doesn't show it any more - in the last installment it did. In my last installment everything worked fine.
When i reset the Bios (by battery) AND i have to remove the graphics card and put it back in - i can get back into BIOS.
Maybe this is related to the BIOS-update to 3401? Has anyone had this problem or a solution?
THX in advance

Last edited:
Hi there,
i got mostly the same build as you Stork. After reinstalling MacOs the system works fine, but i can't see the BIOS and also cant see Clover menu at startup. My Monitor (4k on DisplayPort) doesn't show it any more - in the last installment it did. In my last installment everything worked fine.
When i reset the Bios (by battery) AND i have to remove the graphics card and put it back in - i can get back into BIOS.
Maybe this is related to the BIOS-update to 3401? Has anyone had this problem or a solution?
THX in advance

I don't think it's an issue with the 3401 BIOS. Try selecting your video card as primary display in the BIOS.

I don't think it's an issue with the 3401 BIOS. Try selecting your video card as primary display in the BIOS.

Thank you for the reply. Was indeed a new not to big bios-problem. Monitor and graphicscard made no handshake. Had to make the monitor on before starting the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back