Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide, Stork!

Great guide, Stork. Thank you! Working on identical build, except with cheaper RAM. Everything's going smooth, except I can't get "restart" working from the get-go, when working with the BIOS (pre-Unibeast), I have to hold down the power button. Any clues? Bare-bones, haven't even put the graphics card in yet.

I have a similar problem, what fails here is the shutdown. The PC shuts off and after a few seconds switches itself on again.

My setup is the same as the post (Maximus VIII Hero, i7 6700K), except for RAM.

I did all the indicated procedures but unfortunately that issue remained.

Thanks for the guide, Stork!

I have a similar problem, what fails here is the shutdown. The PC shuts off and after a few seconds switches itself on again.

My setup is the same as the post (Maximus VIII Hero, i7 6700K), except for RAM.

I did all the indicated procedures but unfortunately that issue remained.
Get this: I fixed my problem of not being able to restart by switching RAM slots. Restart works great now. But now I have your exact problem, DanielPsJs, of not being able to shut down. It shuts off for 2-3 seconds and then starts up.

Thanks! Will try!

New issue has cropped up. All of a sudden my Nvidia Graphics will not load. I've discovered that my build is using system profile 17,1 instead of 14,2. Have tried changing it to 14,2 using both Multibeast and Clover Config to no avail. Any ideas?

Edit: I discovered a conflict in info on my Mac. My config.plist says 14,2 but my Mac System Report says 17,1. How is this possible?

Edit: FYI going the nuclear route and re-installing. I think Migration Assistant botched something up when transferring my Applications. Will try without MA :(

Edit: After nuclear option (and no Migration Assistant), everything is smooth sailing. Had to use fixshutdown as well.

Last edited:
I, too, updated to 10.12.6, and (Yawn) everything works OK.

Thanks, jonz, for sharing your fixes. My 10.12.5 build started to restart when I initiated a shutdown. In the config.plist, I just changed fixshutdown from false to true. It now completes the shutdown w/o restarting.

Hi, thanks for the post. Went with this build mostly (different memory and hd). Everything seems to be working apart from my 828mk3 FireWire audio interface. Every time I select it for audio it crashes the system, spinning ball then just restarts. I ran the 12.6 update and seems the same as before. Tried motu drives and their tech guy basically said it should work with current drivers. My tc powercore works through the same FireWire card. Is there anything you guys maybe able to help out with?

Can somebody with a working setup attach their config.plist? I can't get sleep to work properly with this motherboard. When I hit sleep, my display immediately turns off, but my case fans continue to spin.

I posted in another thread here on tonymacx86 and I got a response that my config was "messy." I suspect that's because I have a lot of unnecessary options that were checked by the Clover installer by default? Could somebody take a look at my EFI/CLOVER to see if there are glaring errors? Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 102
What OS version are you on?

EDIT: Compare your Clover configuration to what Stork has done here and remove/disable the options he's not got in his so you can simplify your configuration.

I'm on 10.12.6 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back