Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive looked and didn't see an answer for this, with the COdecCommander kext file you said to keep it in a safe place, is it supposed to be put anywhere specific? What does this kext file control/do?
As far as I understand it, the CodecCommander kext controls the audio after sleep only. But on some builds (unfortunatly not mine), it helps with the sleep/wake issue in general.

Ive looked and didn't see an answer for this, with the COdecCommander kext file you said to keep it in a safe place, is it supposed to be put anywhere specific?...
I keep my kexts that I use in a folder /Applications/Hackintosh/kexts/.

As far as I understand it, the CodecCommander kext controls the audio after sleep only. But on some builds (unfortunately not mine), it helps with the sleep/wake issue in general.
Correct.

Stork, thank you for everything in this group. Im new but I see your post everywhere, and your build was my first discovery of "Hackintoshs" I haven't built anything since maybe 2001. So this was so much fun to get into and do again. I would have been completely lost without all your time you've put into this thread. I'm very happy with the machine and compared to what I was going to spend on a new MacPro, this is a blessing.

I am getting a hiss/buzz sound from my audio ports, any ideas on what could be the cause of this? Using everything from your setup, other than the graphic card I'm using a RX 480.

@stork6220

Great build and detailed write-up. I have ordered parts for my new build. I'll be building a PC/Hackintosh after a decade! Most of my parts are same as yours (MB, GPU, Processor). What did you order to make continuity and handsoff work ?

@stork6220

Great build and detailed write-up. I have ordered parts for my new build. I'll be building a PC/Hackintosh after a decade! Most of my parts are same as yours (MB, GPU, Processor). What did you order to make continuity and handsoff work ?
I don't use continuity/hand-off. However, those users that are successful use the iMac Boardcom BCM94360CD Wifi/BT4 card and PCIe adapter card which I use in my Gene build (see build description link in sig block). However, these have become expensive now ($125+ USB from osxwifi.com).

pastrychief, who has this card, says it will work:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDLG51U/?tag=tonymacx86com-20&th=1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1300M-FV-t9...641977?hash=item1a1de42a39:g:6EUAAOSwMVdYHDGD

My first post in this thread:
Stork - Thanks VERY much for all your hard work and excellent build instructions.

My Asus Hero VIII build - I've installed the three FakeSMC components:
Eqs6ZRW.png

HWMonitor shows the GPU Fan speed (%), but no other fans.
BDdCcmY.png

I installed iStat Menus - same problem.

Cooler Master Nepton 240M Liquid CPU Cooler - W_PUMP, CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers.
Two case fans.
I can see the pump and fan speeds in Windows 10.

Is it possible to display all the fan speeds in HWMonitor?
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hi,
I followed this guide and built my new system. It was working fine until this morning, the installed disk is no longer shown on clover boot screen (screenshot1).
Recovery doesn't work either(screenshot2).

The disk is shown in bios or disk utility though. The partition (Sierra) is grayed out for some reason. (screenshot3, 4 and 5)
By the way I have Samsung 950 PRO 512GB. Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 203
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 144
@Stork So something that keeps happening to me is I key losing my Bluetooth during reboot. I have an adapter, and, every time I reboot the system, I need to unplug the adapter and re-pair my apple keyboard and mouse. Any ideas on the reason why I need to keep doing this?

@Stork So something that keeps happening to me is I key losing my Bluetooth during reboot. I have an adapter, and, every time I reboot the system, I need to unplug the adapter and re-pair my apple keyboard and mouse. Any ideas on the reason why I need to keep doing this?
Make sure your USB 2 BT dongle is in a USB port in the stack with the PS/2 connector. If that doesn't work, use IORegistryExplorer_v2.1 to see what is the first USB 2 port. You may have to more the dongle around several of the USB 2 ports to find it, but one of the two USB 2 ports in the that PS/2 stack should work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back