Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be using a different ASUS HERO motherboard because I don't have a wireless card or provision for one.

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Sorry I was unaware of this feature, I'm pretty new to Hacintoshing. I have a Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, I was honestly not aware that there was a difference between the Alpha and not alpha models. I am struggling to find a Sierra install guide for the Alpha version even though this motherboard is in the buyers guide. I believe that the only difference between the two is the wireless card.

OK. The ALPHA, IIRC, is only different from the standard HERO in that it has the WiFi/BT card. (ASUS loves the caps key.) The WiFi/BT combo card does not work with macOS as it's a Intel chipset. I can't remember the ALPHA's combo card's interface (mSATA, M.2, miniPCIe), but ,if it's miniPCIe, then take a look at my WiFi/BT solution in my Hector build (see signature block for link). If it's a mSATA or M.2, there are probably adapter cards for the Broadcom card.

Alternatively, you'll can use a combo Broadcom BCM94360CD Wifi/Bluetooth card w/ PCI-e adaptor such as pastrychief and other users (including myself) have in their systems - it's what Apple uses in their iMacs. Unfortunately, these cards have become hard to find and expensive. OSXWifi.com sells a hackintosh version of this card.

pastrychief has used the Fenvi WiFi/BT card, and I have just taken delivery of it to try out.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDLG51U/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

However, the above solutions are AC/1300. If you don't mind using a seperate BT 4 USB dongle, you can get a AC1700 or AC1900 PCIe card. I've used both of the TP-Link cards (T8E and T9E) listed in the Buyer's Guide, Accessory section. I've also used the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter.

Good luck! :thumbup:

It's funny because I actually bought both a rosewell AC1300 adapter and a GMYlE adapter because I was unaware that my motherboard had a built in wireless card. Bluetooth is currently working perfectly so I may just put in the card and see if that works. My Router is also only AC1200 so until I upgrade that I don't think i'll need the faster card.

How do you suggest I get the network card to be set to en0? I had Imessage working in a previous build, but I couldn't get other things working so I reinstalled and wasn't smart enough to back up the configuration.

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS Maximus VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980
Contents

full
After installling Multibeast on my z170i My Sierra does not boot up anymore. anyone have a workaround? I think it may be the fakesmc because it was already available in my /library/extensions/ folder on OS sierra HD.

(Stork--got distracted by some kp's each time computer slept during large dropbox sync--but I've been tinkering with option you suggested--will update once sorted out--thank you!)

How do you suggest I get the network card to be set to en0? I had Imessage working in a previous build, but I couldn't get other things working so I reinstalled and wasn't smart enough to back up the configuration.

Dave, I had same issue--plus ethernet named "wifi" and wifi named "ethernet". For naming problems, I believe I just deleted the following files (they'll be recreated on reboot):
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

If your problem is only getting ethernet to be en0, I fixed this by: (1) opening System Preferences/Network (in dock) and deleting all network connections in left pane (highlighting them and pressing "-"); (2) rebooting; and (3) reopening System Preferences/Network and adding ("+") the ethernet connection first so it is en0 ... then add wifi, etc.

If later does not work alone, do both steps before rebooting and re-adding connections. Also, I have fenvi T919 Stork linked above (wifi/bt) and can confirm works oob--e.g., apple wireless keyboard and magic mouse work in bios (you still need a wired "delete" key to get into Asus bios b/c of how that apple key is mapped--but there are internet guides for hacking old keyboards to make a tiny single key delete key).

After installling Multibeast on my z170i My Sierra does not boot up anymore. anyone have a workaround? I think it may be the fakesmc because it was already available in my /library/extensions/ folder on OS sierra HD.
I have no clue as to what your problem may be since this thread is dedicated to MyHero motherboard based system. I recommend opening a thread in the Sierra Desktop Support forum section.

@Stork I have the exact same system. Is there a possibility to do audio through HDMI (Nvidia 980)? I tried two methods and both don't seem to work.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-hdmi-audio-for-nvidia-amd-cards-easy-way.145399/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.143760/#post886766

Here is the output from the second method mentioned above:

Code:
File: audio_cloverHDMI-120.command_v1.0d
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
HDMI audio codec(s)
Nvidia:   0x10de0071
Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled
Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n): y
Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de13c0 found on PEG0@1/PEGP@0
Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout

For whomever it may concern:
Stork, great job on the sierra update info. I followed a combination of this thread and direct upgrade thread from Tony to upgrade to sierra from a working El Capitan install.

I also experienced the sleep-immediate wake up issue in sierra. Had to disconnect my corsair link USB connection on the water cooler, which didn't seem to be a problem when I was the under El Capitan. Once I removed that plug then the hackintosh sleep without any issues.

Anyone know of a workaround to resolve the corsair link issue so I can still sleep while plugged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back