Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, back in again, now when I select the USB drive it just freezes and still says 'Ad'. Hard-reboot to get back to BIOS again or if I let it just boot instead of going to BIOS it will get to that black/blank screen.

Alright, back in again, now when I select the USB drive it just freezes and still says 'Ad'. Hard-reboot to get back to BIOS again or if I let it just boot instead of going to BIOS it will get to that black/blank screen.

Do you have BIOS set for "Other OS"?

@Stork @pastrychef I just redid the USB drive again on a different mac with high sierra, completed successfully, and same results. Not sure what else to check or try.

@Stork @pastrychef Noticed something else that is odd. I downloaded 3802 off ASUS site as I am running 3801. Tried to update it and it says the M8H.CAP file is not a proper BIOS inside the EZ Flash tool. If I do it via Flashback nothing happens. Lastly I went into BIOS and tried ASUS EZ Flash 3 Utility v03.00 again and this time via Internet and it says I have the latest BIOS.

@Stork @pastrychef Noticed something else that is odd. I downloaded 3802 off ASUS site as I am running 3801. Tried to update it and it says the M8H.CAP file is not a proper BIOS inside the EZ Flash tool. If I do it via Flashback nothing happens. Lastly I went into BIOS and tried ASUS EZ Flash 3 Utility v03.00 again and this time via Internet and it says I have the latest BIOS.

You can see what version of BIOS you are on from the BIOS itself.

Please post your EFI folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back