Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I followed the main guide for High Sierra and then your first post.
OK, good. Back to your UniBeast sticks. What options in UniBeast did you choose when you made the UniBeast installer thumb drive?

OK, good. Back to your UniBeast sticks. What options in UniBeast did you choose when you made the UniBeast installer thumb drive?

After the continue screens I chose:
USB
UEFI Boot Mode
Nothing at GPU
Review screen then continue
Then it eventually finishes
When done I have an EFI drive mounted and a Install OSX one, I copy Multibeast to the Install one, then eject both.

Thanks

After the continue screens I chose:
USB
UEFI Boot Mode
Nothing at GPU
Review screen then continue
Then it eventually finishes
When done I have an EFI drive mounted and a Install OSX one, I copy Multibeast to the Install one, then eject both.

Thanks
OK. That's correct. So, I'm stumped, too. Let's see if @pastrychef can help.

OK. That's correct. So, I'm stumped, too. Let's see if @pastrychef can help.

Thanks, I appreciate it and yeah I have no clue lol. Also does not matter if I choose USB or UEFI from boot screen, same result.

Thanks, I appreciate it and yeah I have no clue lol. Also does not matter if I choose USB or UEFI from boot screen, same result.
When you boot the USB Installer thumb drive, you get to the Clover Boot screen?

When you boot the USB Installer thumb drive, you get to the Clover Boot screen?

Hey, no mater if I boot the USB drive directly or via UEFI selection I get a blank screen and mobo saying 'Ad'. Hitting space bar does not do anything either.

Thanks

@Stork Any ideas why I would be getting a blank screen? I followed this guide and I have tried with the latest High Sierra and Mojave and I get the same thing. Boots to USB and blank screen, hitting spacebar doesn't do anything. MB lcd shows code 'Ad'.

At what stage are you getting black screen? Which system definition are you using? Are you overclocked?

At what stage are you getting black screen? Which system definition are you using? Are you overclocked?

Getting black screen before I ever get to Clover.
System Def - Didnt get that far, this is a fresh build.
Overclocked - No I am not.

Getting black screen before I ever get to Clover.
System Def - Didnt get that far, this is a fresh build.
Overclocked - No I am not.

If you aren't even getting to Clover, then I suspect a setting in BIOS is not correct.

If you have IGPU enabled, make sure PEGP or PCIE is primary. Also, try with CSM on and off.

If you aren't even getting to Clover, then I suspect a setting in BIOS is not correct.

If you have IGPU enabled, make sure PEGP or PCIE is primary. Also, try with CSM on and off.

So switched to PEGP and now I get nothing out of the IGPU output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back