Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you have in /Library/Extensions/?

Please try with this EFI.

Thanks, still the same issue. I have also tested without the GPU and SSD and same results.

Thanks, still the same issue. I have also tested without the GPU and SSD and same results.

You are still unable to reach the Clover boot loader?

Do you reach the Clover boot loader with the USB installer?

You are still unable to reach the Clover boot loader?

Do you reach the Clover boot loader with the USB installer?

I am still unable to get to Clover. If I go to it via BIOS > Boot > UEFI it just freezes and if I let it boot normally and load up UEFI it just shows a blank screen.

I am still unable to get to Clover. If I go to it via BIOS > Boot > UEFI it just freezes and if I let it boot normally and load up UEFI it just shows a blank screen.

I really don't know what's preventing Clover from even loading. Once you set the BIOS for "Other OS", it should work. The fact that you were unable to update BIOS is also very weird. Have you contacted Asus regarding the BIOS issue?

I really don't know what's preventing Clover from even loading. Once you set the BIOS for "Other OS", it should work. The fact that you were unable to update BIOS is also very weird. Have you contacted Asus regarding the BIOS issue?

Me either, it is set to Other OS. I have managed without the GPU card installed to get windows and ubuntu both to boot without issue. I believe my GPU is bad (windows gives code 43 for it) and I'm about to try out a different one.

Yes I did contact them and the ALPHA version of this board uses version 3801 not 3802.

Me either, it is set to Other OS. I have managed without the GPU card installed to get windows and ubuntu both to boot without issue. I believe my GPU is bad (windows gives code 43 for it) and I'm about to try out a different one.

Yes I did contact them and the ALPHA version of this board uses version 3801 not 3802.

Did you do UEFI installs for Windows and Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back