Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork,

update: Something is wrong with the latest Clover bootloader (4700) on my system. Even, when I update the bootloader without starting the Sierra Install, in the Clover bootmenu, my System SSD gets a questionmark in the icon an I cannot boot anymore. Black screen...nothing.

It´s strange.

@mikampe, if you can, run MultiBeast for Sierra and just pick and install the Bootloader > Clover + Emulated NVRAM.

Hi Stork, thank you for your reply. I‘m writing you this directly from the updated macOS. In the end it worked. Do you want to know how? A missing OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi was the issue. Something was deleted during the Clover update. After that, it runs smooth. Now, the next few days will show if it stays that way.

Again, thx a lot for your support <3
Best
Michael

Hi Stork,

One small thing raises my attention:

1) during the bootscreen (the one with the Apple logo), the progress bar is visible the whole time. No more disappearing in the middle of the boot sequence. Normally, if shown all the way up, this was an indication for not loading the Nvidia Web driver, but here it's loaded in the end.
System Preferences shows clearly, that I use the Webdriver and not the System ones.... odd.
Or is this a normal behaviour in Sierra?
Best
Michael

Hi Stork,

One small thing raises my attention:

1) during the bootscreen (the one with the Apple logo), the progress bar is visible the whole time. No more disappearing in the middle of the boot sequence...is this a normal behaviour in Sierra?...
Yes. Enjoy! :thumbup:

@Stork Any ideas why I would be getting a blank screen? I followed this guide and I have tried with the latest High Sierra and Mojave and I get the same thing. Boots to USB and blank screen, hitting spacebar doesn't do anything. MB lcd shows code 'Ad'.

@Stork Any ideas why I would be getting a blank screen? I followed this guide and I have tried with the latest High Sierra and Mojave and I get the same thing. Boots to USB and blank screen, hitting spacebar doesn't do anything. MB lcd shows code 'Ad'.
Hmmmm. I never had that problem. What graphics card are you using?

Both UniBeast 8.x (High Sierra) and UniBeast 9 (Mojave) created USB Installer Thumb Drives exhibit the same blank screen? Did the UniBeasts successfully complete creating the USB installer thumb drives? Where did you download High Sierra and Mojave from?

I know I'm not much help, but I'm clueless as to why, when you boot from the USB
installer thumb drives, you get blank screens.

Hmmmm. I never had that problem. What graphics card are you using?

Both UniBeast 8.x (High Sierra) and UniBeast 9 (Mojave) created USB Installer Thumb Drives exhibit the same blank screen? Did the UniBeasts successfully complete creating the USB installer thumb drives? Where did you download High Sierra and Mojave from?

I know I'm not much help, but I'm clueless as to why, when you boot from the USB
installer thumb drives, you get blank screens.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.
ASUS Z170 ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - Gigabyte GTX 980Ti 6GB XTREME

Both did complete and they both give the same blank screen. I downloaded the images from the Mac App Store on my 15" MBP that is running High Sierra.

Also I set the mobo to use the on-board intel graphics card and using its HDMI port instead of the Nvidia card and I get the same result.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back