Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware of FakeSMC_LPCSenors, it shuts down the w_pump header on the motherboard, basically shutting down my AIO, cpu was running at 100 degree on idle before I figure it out.

Please be aware of FakeSMC_LPCSenors, it shuts down the w_pump header on the motherboard, basically shutting down my AIO, cpu was running at 100 degree on idle before I figure it out.
What's the version of FakeSMC_LPCSenors? Does MultiBeast v10.3.0 have/use this version?

What's the version of FakeSMC_LPCSenors? Does MultiBeast v10.3.0 have/use this version?
It is the one from the latest MultiBeast. but only affects the w_pump header. I removed the driver and it's fine now.

Hi,

Firstly, thank you so much for the guide! I had been struggling for ages to get my first hackintosh build working and this guide got me there!

My final problem is getting Thunderbolt working for my external soundcard. The Maximus VIII Hero has a thunderbolt header, and I got a PCI E card (https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asu...rsible-usb-31-type-c-and-displayport-12-pci-e) that is in theory compatible with the motherboard. However, if I enable the thunderbolt options in BIOS the computer doesnt boot at all - do you know if there is a fix for this? Thanks!

You can use mine, but see first this post by RehabMan > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-generate-ssdt-for-coffee-lake-cpu.238311/#post-1631190

You can also set power management via Clover which does on the fly patching:
in your config.plist >/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

The bad news is that if you use the Clover patch, then you must uncheck Enable Power Nap in System Preferences > Energy Saver after you reboot.
@Stork is disabling power nap because of PluginType=True? is this the case for anyone using this patch? or just for your build?

@Stork is disabling power nap because of PluginType=True? is this the case for anyone using this patch? or just for your build?
Yes, for anyone using PluginType=True.

You can use mine, but see first this post by RehabMan > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-generate-ssdt-for-coffee-lake-cpu.238311/#post-1631190

You can also set power management via Clover which does on the fly patching:
in your config.plist >/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

The bad news is that if you use the Clover patch, then you must uncheck Enable Power Nap in System Preferences > Energy Saver after you reboot.

I stopped using SSDT in favor of PluginType=True a while ago and Power Nap still works fine.

Hey Stork,

thanks again für all the support, the hard work and those perfect instructions. My computer ran Sierra perfectly for two years now (after problems with 4k-Dell UP3214Q - Mac doesn't support Multistream MST). Now High Sierra is working smooth with two GTX 980 and two 4k monitors thanks to Metal - upgrade was perfect to APFS and all Apps are working properly - even Blender.)

I just have one question:
Since Sierra sleep-wake is working properly (had to delete a codec-file, so the Mac would wake faster), but:
- I must have two keyboards connected, as the Mac won't sleep, if Mac-Bluetooth-keyboard is the primary device / able to wake the Mac it would go to sleep and then immediately wake again. I read this, but don't know how to do this:
"Edited USBInject.kext and changed ID to 255 to make the port where the Bluetooth device is plugged in appear as "internal". Now sleep and wake work perfectly."

- If the Mac is sleeping and I wake it (with a USB-keyboard), it will wake up properly except the monitor(s) won't wake up. After about 30 Seconds I must press a key to bring the monitors up and everything is working fine.
(-Powernap is also not working - but I don't know where to put "PluginType=True")

Both are no big issues, but would be nice, when they could be resolved. Thanks a lot again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back