Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to pop back in and say that I am so happy about my new computer. Thank you so much for such a detailed explanation of this and as it has aged. The guide worked for me and it is years later. This computer feels a lot less scary to use than some of my friends' computers they've built. This is Day 1 after a year of preparation, so expect to hear more (with screenshots, which I have bound to Ctrl+Shift+F12) as we go through patches. Hopefully the patches won't give you more work to do and you can recuperate without that grief! GET TO FEELING BETTER VERY SOON!! ONE DAY AT A TIME! :)
Sorry for wall of text. So excited!!!
Super! I'm glad you got your system up and running. Welcome to the Hero Club.

When you have everything worked out, write a build description in User Builds. (Be sure to read the Template.) :thumbup:

weaseli - Thanks for the mention. Glad your system is working.

The new version of MultiBeast - 10.4.0 mentions the following Internal change:
- Updated Drivers → USB → Remove XHCI USB Port Limit with 10.13.6 patch
Details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/multibeast-10-4-update.258371/

I just ran MultiBeast 10.4.0 to test it.
I ticked Drivers/USB/Remove XHCI USB Port Limit. This added the following to config.plist
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Remove USB port limit in XHCI kext</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32IDw+DpwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32ID5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>

This seems to be the same as the manual edit by PMHeartFredWst which I had been using.
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeartFredWst</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32IDw+DpwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32ID5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>

I benchmarked my front USB 3 sockets without doing the the manual edit. They are working at full speed.
Hope this helps.

@Richard325, yes, you are correct. I will shortly update Post #1 to reflect MultiBeast v10.4.0. Thanks for the information.

Update: Done.

Last edited:
Hello Stork,

Thanks for this awesome guide! I had the same mobo with same CPU and a 1080, find your guide, followed it and now everything went smooth and working good! Thank you.

I just wanted to ask that is it possible to get audio from DisplayPort?

...(My computers share monitor(s), speakers, keyboard, mouse and other USB peripherals through a KVM switch.)

I tried using a KVM switch but the magic-keystroke-combo was never reliable. I would have continued had I found a KVM with a PHYSICAL switch or button. That was back when I had both my real Mac and a PC as two separate machines. I'm close to buying another actual Mac if Apple finally gives us an upgradeable one again. The Trash can is just not my style.

Thanks Adrian B. I don't use monitor speakers as I have studio monitor grade speakers on my systems. (My computers share monitor(s), speakers, keyboard, mouse and other USB peripherals through a KVM switch.)

I fixed it by switching ports. Now I can get audio from both displayport and on my 2nd monitor trough hdmi, awesome! However, mic still isn't working I guess. I'm gonna search for it a little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back