Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Sorry I can't help you as I don't have any USB external drives. I use only Firewire peripherals, USB thumb drives and a Apple keyboard with a Logitech mouse (as backup to my wireless keyboard and mouse).

Did you replace your 15-26 Increase Ports patch in your config,plist with that shown in Post #84 when you upgraded to 10.13.4? Also update USBInjectall kext (if you use it) that's in Library/Extensions.

@Stork also, I'm intrigued by `USBInjectall`. It seems that it might be necessary from some of what I'm reading, but I'm not entirely sure... Can you fill me in on the details of why or when to use it? Perhaps I should be using it as dependent upon USB as I tend to be sometimes.

@Stork did you update you build to High Sierra ?

@Stork also, I'm intrigued by `USBInjectall`. It seems that it might be necessary from some of what I'm reading, but I'm not entirely sure... Can you fill me in on the details of why or when to use it? Perhaps I should be using it as dependent upon USB as I tend to be sometimes.
If the Post #84 solved your USB problem, RehabMan's USBInjectall.kext coupled with a SSDT-USB might be the best route. But, it's more like a science project. Dunno if it's worth it. Any way, here is his guide > [Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext.

A simpler approach might be ammulder's older, but still valid, method.

Last edited:
@Stork did you update you build to High Sierra ?
Yes, I did. The build description OP procedures have been updated for a fresh installation.

However, I typically just update over my previous installation which is why I backup (see below) If you like to do a fresh install on another disk, you can use Migration Assistant to bring your account, applications and settings over to your fresh install.

I went with the default new AFPS file system for SSDs that the High Sierra installer uses. Note: the installer converts your previous SSD format (HSF+) to AFPS. If you do not want this to happen, follow the tonymacx86 High Sierra guide instructions.

Don't forget,
:ch: if you are running Clover earlier than r4311 and are using the Nvidia drivers, then download Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller and run it, and
:ch: Download load and run Clover UEFI Boot Mode with Emulated NVRAM v2.4k r4428 (Nvidia) or Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4428 if you are running an graphics card that doesn't require the Nvidia drivers;
:ch: Now, Backup your Sierra installation; I typically just update over my previous installation which is why I backup. If you like to do a fresh install on another disk, you can use Migration Assistant to bring your account, applications and settings over to your fresh install.​

Another Don't Forget is to replace the Increase USB Port Limit with the new one shown in the Post MultiBeast Installation instructions in Post #1.

If you loose audio, then follow the procedures at the end of Post#1's Installation Notes to just run the audio codec in MultiBeast and do the "touch" command in the terminal.

Good Luck! :thumbup:

Last edited:
I've replaced Sierra with a fresh install of High Sierra using the latest instructions.
Stork - thanks very much!!!

I found that wake from sleep worked, but the screen stayed black for a long time.
Earlier instructions had darkwake=0 in Clover Configurator. It's still mentioned in the Updates list:
November 03, 2016. Sierra 10.12.1 introduced a problem with wake-up after sleep. Need to add to Boot Arguments darkwake=0.

I've added this to my new High Sierra build. It has solved the wake problem.

I've replaced Sierra with a fresh install of High Sierra using the latest instructions.
Stork - thanks very much!!!

I found that wake from sleep worked, but the screen stayed black for a long time.
Earlier instructions had darkwake=0 in Clover Configurator. It's still mentioned in the Updates list:
November 03, 2016. Sierra 10.12.1 introduced a problem with wake-up after sleep. Need to add to Boot Arguments darkwake=0.

I've added this to my new High Sierra build. It has solved the wake problem.
I'll add to the post MultiBeast instructions. Thanks for the reminder. :thumbup:

Hello, Please could you help. I have just finished building my first computer, with Maximus Hero IX, switched it on and everything was OK. The next day, I switched it on, nothing happened, blank screen, not booting. The error code on the motherboard Q-Code LED is 09, which is ‘PCH initialisation after microcode loading’. Please could you tell me what this means, is this serious? Can I correct this in any way? Many thanks for your help.

Danny
I haven't a clue. Best to post your question in the Hardware Troubleshooting forum section.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/hardware-troubleshooting.154/

Hi Stork,

Fantatsic thread as usual.

I've installed High Sierra and got everything updated.

The only 2 things I am having issues with is:

• HDMI audio disappears from time to time, requiring one or two reboots to be detected again. Card is GTX 980 Ti with latest web drivers. I've got the Nvidiagrapshicsfixup, lilu, and apple alc kexts from the audio thread.
  • Sleep doesn't work, and I can't figure it out for the life of me. I've set darkwake=0 in my config list for Clover but it's doing my head in. Could you take a look if you have a minute?
Many thanks!

The screenshot if my kexts directory if needed

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 200
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 10.34.03.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 10.34.03.png
    274.3 KB · Views: 176
I can't help you with HDMI Audio as I don't use it. However, You can get help in the Audio > HDMI Audio forum section > https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/hdmi-audio.59/

With respect to sleep/wake-up, MyHero II worked from day one. I'll take a look at your config.plist later as I'm getting ready for family outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back