Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else had issues with video in full screen being strange / choppy / glitchy?
Nope. Looks like you're running a GTX 770 which shouldn't need the Nvidia web driver. What type of video connection are you using? HDMI? DVI? DP? Did you try another connection type? Finally, you may have to use the Nvidia Web drivers, but use this as a last resort.

Which Driver Should I Install for My New GPU?

I'm running an Asus 144hz 1440p monitor so the display port connection is my only option. Maybe it's a refresh rate issue.

I'm running an Asus 144hz 1440p monitor so the display port connection is my only option. Maybe it's a refresh rate issue.
Or your cable or your cable connections.

hi.
I have the same board.
great instruction I succesive finished installation
Now I am having problem of internet connecting.
After sleep the ethernet does not connect anymore.
It said cable unplugged I have to reboot for the internet connection
and how can I connect hdmi audio by the graphic card?

Hello,
Looking to make the plunge with this setup this week...although with a beefier video card (980 Ti). Just wondering if the new Multibeast 8.1 that was just released changes anything in your install process?

Thanks!

Hello,
Looking to make the plunge with this setup this week...although with a beefier video card (980 Ti). Just wondering if the new Multibeast 8.1 that was just released changes anything in your install process?

Thanks!
I've incorporated the MultiBeast v8.1 update in my installation procedures in the 1st post shortly after v8.1 was release. The only change has to do with the GenericUSB kext - it's now in MultiBeast.

Have fun with that 980 Ti and your GENE system. :thumbup:

UPDATE: I replaced the MultiBeast Build screen snapshot to reflect the Build for MultiBeast v8.1.0, and, in the What Works section, the peculiarities of using the USB 3.1 Type C port.

Ooops!

The build was going very well...when I got to your section regarding editing the config.plist I must have done something wrong. I can't get back into the Mac OS. It goes through Clover, then the white Apple logo, then the Apple logo turns in a white Ghostbusters logo minus the ghost.

I tried removing the SSD and hooking it up to my laptop to format and try again, but I can not even see the drive now in the disk utility.

Any suggestions to recover this drive to reformat?

Thank you.

Updated Gene today without any problems. I'll update the my build description after I try a couple of "experiments". In the meantime, here's how I did it - essentially Post #2 in the OSX 10.11.4 Update Thread.

:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the Software Update or Combo Update and run it to update to 10.11.4 - the updater will reboot upon completion;
:ch: At the Clover boot screen, before selection to reboot your updated El Capitan, do the following IF you have a Nvidia 900 series graphics card:
:ch: Click on the "Gears" icon;
:ch: Modify the boot argument to include "nv_diable=1" and press the keyboard Return key;
:ch: Mouse (or arrow) down to "Return" and press the keyboard's Return key (or click you mouse);
:ch: Now selection your El Capitan drive and boot into the Desktop;
:ch: Click on the Nvidia icon in the Finder's Menu Bar at the top of the screen;
:ch: Update your Nvidia driver and Reboot.​

Enjoy your hackintosh. :thumbup:

Somehow I can't even get into the installation.

Got a Maximus Gene VIII, 32gb, i7-6700k and an 256gb m.2 Samsung SSD + 120gb EVO Pro SSD.
Creating UniBeast with my MBP. Tried different USB-Sticks and ports.
Did all the changes in the Bios and started the installation with nv_disable=1.
Still no luck and stops at 3/4 when loading.
Just the error sign and nothing more.

Anyone got an Idea what to do?

Somehow I can't even get into the installation.

Got a Maximus Gene VIII, 32gb, i7-6700k and an 256gb m.2 Samsung SSD + 120gb EVO Pro SSD.
Creating UniBeast with my MBP. Tried different USB-Sticks and ports.
Did all the changes in the Bios and started the installation with nv_disable=1.
Still no luck and stops at 3/4 when loading.
Just the error sign and nothing more.

Anyone got an Idea what to do?
See Post #138 for installing El Capitan on the Samsung 950 NVMe M.2 SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back