Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Post #138 for installing El Capitan on the Samsung 950 NVMe M.2 SSD.
Thank you, but I want to install it on my normal SSD.
Is it important to do these steps anyway?
Is it possible that this is the reason why I can not enter the installation?

Thank you, but I want to install it on my normal SSD.
Is it important to do these steps anyway?
Is it possible that this is the reason why I can not enter the installation?
I'd make sure your UniBeast installation USB thumb drive has the the two USB kexts in the EFI > EFI > CLOVER > kexts > 10.11 folder (you don't need the NVMeGeneric.kext).

Additionally, insert the UniBeast installation USB thumb drive in the USB port in the bottom USB port at the bottom of the stack with the PS/2 port at the top.

Good luck! :thumbup:

I'd make sure your UniBeast installation USB thumb drive has the the two USB kexts in the EFI > EFI > CLOVER > kexts > 10.11 folder (you don't need the NVMeGeneric.kext).

Additionally, insert the UniBeast installation USB thumb drive in the USB port in the bottom USB port at the bottom of the stack with the PS/2 port at the top.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks for your help! I am answering right now from my brand new hackintosh ;)
Although I couldnt get everything to work.
First of all:
It was actually the wrong usb port. Should mention it in the installation. I just used now the one left to the ps2 port. And you might want to mention that the sound is not working immediately after installing the drivers.

Unfortunately it is not working for me at all :/
Just not showing up in the devices, although I did the changes to the config.
iMessages is not working for me either. I can start it, but I cannot log in with my credentials.
Can I use iCloud afterwards?

Thanks a lot mate!

Thanks for your help! I am answering right now from my brand new hackintosh ;)
Although I couldnt get everything to work.
First of all:
It was actually the wrong usb port. Should mention it in the installation. I just used now the one left to the ps2 port.
Thanks for the input - I added the recommended USB port for the UniBeast USB Thumb Drive .

But, I'm confused. When you say that you used "he one left to the ps2 port", that looks like the USB 3.1 Type A port. Is that the port you meant?

And you might want to mention that the sound is not working immediately after installing the drivers.

Unfortunately it is not working for me at all :/
Just not showing up in the devices, although I did the changes to the config.
iMessages is not working for me either. I can start it, but I cannot log in with my credentials.
Can I use iCloud afterwards?

Thanks a lot mate!
If you use MultiBeast to install the audio driver, you will have reboot before the MultiBeast additions will work. After reboot, you'll need to open the System Preference's Sound Pane, click on the Output tab and choose "Internal Speakers" as your output. This will give you audio to the Green audio port on the Rear Panel. I've updated my installation in the build description post with this information. Thanks for bringing this to my attention; I gave you credit in my Update notes. :thumbup:

Stork,
Just wanted to thank you for this guide. This was my 4th and by far easiest Hackintosh build yet. I thought I had an issue that caused me to crash and break the MBR of my SSD, but it was the other way around. A bad SSD on it's way back for a replacement.

Everything works great. They key is to remember the "nv_disable=1" entry at the Clover "gears" boot screen. I even installed an SATA power switch and have two systems in one (Windows 10).

Thank you again!

Stork,
Just wanted to thank you for this guide...

They key is to remember the "nv_disable=1" entry at the Clover "gears" boot screen...

Thank you again!
:lol: Yep, that's why I advise folks following my guide to print out my installation guide and check off the boxes as they accomplish each step. :thumbup:

But, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. It took me several tries to get El Capitan installed and running correctly with Gene. Lots of help from tonymacx86, too.

Hi Stork,

I have a question regarding stability of Skylake in general. I see that there are many patches/workarounds being used in all builds to get them up and running (including the bootloader).
How stable are these systems (and I don't mean no reboots or freezes), I mean more like:
- How do we know that all components are regulated fine when it comes to voltages?
- Do we know there is not too much power pumped into the SSD?

I mean stability more in an electronic/mechanical point of view. Does that make sense?

Could you please comment on this?

And, BTW, thanks to your guide, I am running a good system with 10.11.4... :)

Hi Stork,

I have a question regarding stability of Skylake in general. I see that there are many patches/workarounds being used in all builds to get them up and running (including the bootloader).
How stable are these systems (and I don't mean no reboots or freezes), I mean more like:
- How do we know that all components are regulated fine when it comes to voltages?
- Do we know there is not too much power pumped into the SSD?

I mean stability more in an electronic/mechanical point of view. Does that make sense?

Could you please comment on this?

And, BTW, thanks to your guide, I am running a good system with 10.11.4... :)
I haven't a clue about voltages (power) as I've assumed that voltages/power is regulated to the peripherals by the BIOS and the motherboard's firmware. I don't believe OS X controls these...at least, I've never come crossed anything discussing peripheral voltages. OS X does have fan control software that is dependent upon system heat; there are 3rd party (freeware/shareware) fan control apps.

I haven't a clue about voltages (power) as I've assumed that voltages/power is regulated to the peripherals by the BIOS and the motherboard's firmware. I don't believe OS X controls these...at least, I've never come crossed anything discussing peripheral voltages. OS X does have fan control software that is dependent upon system heat; there are 3rd party (freeware/shareware) fan control apps.

Thank you. And do you still use MacPro3,1 as your definition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back