Contribute
Register

SSD recognized, not functional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you could do it that way, but you can access the disk utility tool from within the installer, so need to do it that way.

So basically i should physically remove my HDD, and start over and install macOS on SSD? Did i simply install macOS on the wrong drive at first? does that mean i have to save and redownload all my preferences (kexts and patches and installs)?

If your original target was the SSD then yes, you have likely mixed them up. Its no big deal though. When installing OSX, its best to start off with just the drive you are installing to, then add others later, as it helps to prevent situations like this. Assuming your HDD is correctly installed and configured, you could try using a disk copy program of some kind to transfer the install across to the SSD.

Personally, I would start from scratch with just the clean SSD.

Also, now might be a good time to grab a copy of all the kexts and other tools you used to do the original install. Maybe keep them on a USB key for future use.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. Thank you very much for your help, I’ll post an update soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back