Motherboard
MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello. This is my first hackintosh. I have successfully booted into High Sierra 10.13.6 on my HD, updated my NVIDIA driver, and I'm currently stuck trying to turn my SSD into a fully functional boot drive. Currently, it is recognized, but not functional. Also, I've managed to get the Ethernet working, but my wifi is unrecognizable. Here's my build:

MB: MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti SC
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K 6-Core 3.7 GHz
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3000MHz
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
HD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Extra: NZXT USB Expansion
Wifi: MSI HERALD AC

- I've been using the latest Multibeast and Clover Configurator for post-install kexts/patches. I'll include what I've installed so far.
- I'll also include my typical boot screen, which loads Clover THEN boots into macOS (not sure if this is normal)
- Also, I should mention, at every start-up i receive the message "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" - I'm assuming that's referring to the SSD drive, but I don't want to count out the possibility that the message could be for the HD.

If you're reading this, thank you so much for your time...I wanted to take this precaution and ask the forum before I proceeded to f-up everything I've done so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0540.jpg
    IMG_0540.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 97
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Bump. can anyone help me out?

You could start by removing the NTFS formatted disk from the computer whilst you attempt the OSX install.

Is it the SSD that is NTFS formatted ?

Yes, the SSD has the NTFS. How would i go about removing it?

Once it's removed, is there a way to format the SSD drive using terminal or do i have to fresh install OSX on the SSD? if i have to fresh install, how will my current HD running high sierra be affected?

thanks for the reply.

Well if I was you I would remove the other drive completely, whilst you are installing.

Then when the OSX install starts, you should be able to use disk utility to clear the contents of the SSD, and perform a fresh install on it.

Ok, I will try that. Once I install OSX on the SSD, is it expected that the HD will function normally once I plug it back in?

Clover should pick up the HDD once it is reconnected. Are you specifically trying to dual boot 2 different versions of OSX ?

No. I initially installed High Sierra on my Hard Drive to get this all started, now i'm trying to get the SSD to work, and boot my overall system.

I guess I just assumed I could erase/reformat the SSD drive using disk utility once i successfully booted into High Sierra on my HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back