Contribute
Register

Sony Vaio SVE17 DSDT-Fan doesn't show in latest HWMonitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried iStatmenus?
Same issues using istat menus like in the 2015 versions of HwMonitor,doesn't read fan,reads CPU heatsink that is in the same smcd device in dsdt code,and fan only shows after couple of random restarts in those two apps. So I'll either wait for the next version of those apps or I'll force somehow fan method in those two apps. Testing until success and then I'll go in controlling the fan issue

Same issues using istat menus like in the 2015 versions of HwMonitor,doesn't read fan,reads CPU heatsink that is in the same smcd device in dsdt code,and fan only shows after couple of random restarts in those two apps. So I'll either wait for the next version of those apps or I'll force somehow fan method in those two apps. Testing until success and then I'll go in controlling the fan issue

If it happens in iStats make sure that your Fan is spinning. Ive noticed when using Fan Mod on my Probook the speed is only seen at certain RPMs. One thing to try is open up a benchmarking app and work your CPU until the CPU Fans speeds up then check the RPM of your Fan if still the same problem then its something else.

If it happens in iStats make sure that your Fan is spinning. Ive noticed when using Fan Mod on my Probook the speed is only seen at certain RPMs. One thing to try is open up a benchmarking app and work your CPU until the CPU Fans speeds up then check the RPM of your Fan if still the same problem then its something else.

The speed is seen always. Zero RPM is displayed as '-'.

The issue is the fan isn't showed at all in istat (tried only versions that work in El capitan)nor in hwmonitor (only shows fan in 2014 and earlier versions). Only time I can get it to appear is when I have couple of random reboots, then it shows in both latest apps. I've tried every know method of putting fan method both in dsdt and sddt with ptid device ,still the same results. So it's either find out why fan method is and isn't called as it should be or force the method somehow to show. Weird thing is,using acpidebug method is called every time,so why istat and hwmonitor latest versions aren't showing it is a mystery for me.

Last edited:
The speed is seen always. Zero RPM is displayed as '-'.

Not on mine it isn't RehabMan. Fan doesn't spin on idle. Fan only shows up when spinning but then again i have got Fan Always on AC Adaptor un-ticked in the bios so that maybe could be the reason on mine.

The issue is the fan isn't showed at all in istat (tried only versions that work in El capitan)nor in hwmonitor (only shows fan in 2014 and earlier versions). Only time I can get it to appear is when I have couple of random reboots, then it shows in both latest apps. I've tried every know method of putting fan method both in dsdt and sddt with ptid device ,still the same results. So it's either find out why fan method is and isn't called as it should be or force the method somehow to show. Weird thing is,using acpidebug method is called every time,so why istat and hwmonitor latest versions aren't showing it is a mystery for me.

Maybe could be a ACPI problem.

Not on mine it isn't RehabMan. Fan doesn't spin on idle. Fan only shows up when spinning but then again i have got Fan Always on AC Adaptor un-ticked in the bios so that maybe could be the reason on mine.

I was referring not to the fan speed in various scenarios, but rather the fan speed as displayed in HwMonitor.

Seems likely it is a bug in the latest HwMonitor.app (not the FakeSMC sensors).
I've just had one of those random boots when it shows in your latest HWMonitor,and in console i get this
2016-05-21 15:18:49.151 HWMonitor[489:12362] number of fans: 1
But after reboot it was gone again and i get this
2016-05-21 15:20:27.87 HWMonitor[489:12362] number of fans: 0

I've just had one of those random boots when it shows in your latest HWMonitor,and in console i get this
2016-05-21 15:18:49.151 HWMonitor[489:12362] number of fans: 1
But after reboot it was gone again and i get this
2016-05-21 15:20:27.87 HWMonitor[489:12362] number of fans: 0

Like I already said, it is likely a bug in the latest HwMonitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back