Asus Nvidia GTX 560ti DiCu II
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,
I have some weird problems after installing almost perfectly working ML 10.8.4. I will try to be short and explain what I did.

0-My specs: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L v1, C2Q6600,4GB RAM, ASUS GTX 560ti DiCu2

1-Installed Mlion 10.8.4 with Windows as dual boot on the same HDD, I got almost all perfectly running, except the random freezes, but I guess it's the NVidia driver's fault. I didn't install any video drivers, Mlion found it by it's own.

2-Installed IOAHCIBlockStorage, NullCPUPowerManagement and Chimera, then rebooted without usb and installed a DSDT from here that works like a charm-all sleep and everything,ALC8xx, Lnx2MAC.
So far soo good.

3-Backed up the installation to other HDD and decided to use 1 HDD for lion and separate HDD for WIN8
(Everything works nice and smooth, but when I am in windows8, if I click shutdown it restarts), so I decided to unplug all mac related HDD and cleanly reformat
WIN8 HDD, I did so , but again when I shut down my pc, just restarts it?!?! I decided that it might be bios something*, so I reflashed bios, reinstalled clean windows, and again... shutdown=restarts, I don't understand what's the problem.

Thanks in advance and if anyone with similar to my setup has trouble installing I would be happy to help too.

i can see a few flaws in your install 1 ioahciblockstorage kext this disables hot plug on your rig 2 nullcpumanagement kext isnt needed 3 your gfx card has known freezing issues search fermi freeze 4 check out my freezing section http://pastebin.com/3qRSXvhm

Ok I will try without the Suggested kexts , but the problem is I completely removed everything connected to osx and installed clean windows on a separate hdd as I unplugged all osx stuff. Reformatted the hdd for win 8 and installed it but again it restarts on shutdown, the i decided to update the bios and cleared the cmos, set all manually- again the same problem, so I guess it's fault of the bootloader or mbr or something..

do a fresh install use boot flag -x just to get to the install then use these settings

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-20 at 6.55.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-07-20 at 6.55.43 PM.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Screen Shot 2013-07-20 at 6.57.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-07-20 at 6.57.10 PM.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Screen Shot 2013-07-20 at 6.58.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-07-20 at 6.58.31 PM.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 128
Ok Stehor, thank you very much, I will try it tomorrow after I get back home! Cheers!

Ok still no go, I did clean install of 10.8.4., then clean install of Win 8 (all in separate drives with full format), I reset the bios and set up all the things( AHCI, HPET 64 bit) , plus disabled the PME and wake events, even in windows I disabled magic packets and Hybernation and fast start. Still the same problem, when I turn off windows from the button ( software button), just restarts, when I turn off the windows from the hardware button sometimes turns off, but if I push a key on the keyboard starts on, but from the bios post.... this happened after installing dual boot of 10.8.4 and Win8, never had this problem before... the weirdest thing is , if I click - Right corner, settings-change pc settings-general -advanced startup(restart pc) then shut down, it shut normally, If I write in cmd shutdown /s /t 0 , shuts down properly.... I am lost now...

Yes sometimes it shuts down normally, but most of the times just restarts. Last night for some reason it turned off normally... I will try your suggestion, I see you think that some error happens on shut down so it restarts instead... I will try now and let you know.

EDIT: I just tried shut down several times, same thing.. 1st time it shut down normally, second time just turned off the monitor but the cpu fan was still going, and I couldn't wake it with keyboard or anything so I pushed restart, then it just restarted on shut down as before... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back