Motherboard
lenovo x220
CPU
i5
Graphics
hd3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, have lenovo thinkpad x220 laptop with i5 and hd3000, running fullhd mod (LG Display LP125WF2-SPB4 via displayport 2 custom connector). Windows and linux runs OK. In Sierra, the is no picture on internal display, when i am adding external monitor via displayport connector i see the picture on internal monitor, but the colors are wrong. I tried: injecting edid via clover, add RehabMan fixes for HD3000 with 1600x900 (DualLink, etc.) but still no luck. Any thoughts what can be done next?

Attachments

• MacbookPro_user.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
Hi, have lenovo thinkpad x220 laptop with i5 and hd3000, running fullhd mod (LG Display LP125WF2-SPB4 via displayport 2 custom connector). Windows and linux runs OK. In Sierra, the is no picture on internal display, when i am adding external monitor via displayport connector i see the picture on internal monitor, but the colors are wrong. I tried: injecting edid via clover, add RehabMan fixes for HD3000 with 1600x900 (DualLink, etc.) but still no luck. Any thoughts what can be done next?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

attached to the first post. here goes picture of internal monitor as well. it seems that this is a problem with Mac OS drivers itself.

Attachments

• 20170704_000814_HDR.jpg
    20170704_000814_HDR.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 237
attached to the first post. here goes picture of internal monitor as well. it seems that this is a problem with Mac OS drivers itself.

In post #1 you stated the internal monitor was not working.
Your ioreg shows EDID detected.
And you have a photo showing the internal monitor.
Afraid you'll need to explain more clearly... and provide data that represents the problem scenario...
Also, no files in ACPI/origin provided.
Please re-create ACPI/origin and press F4 as per "Problem Reporting".

I am updated Sierra and now it works. but with wrong colors. Clover boot screen is visible, apple logo with progress bar and on login screen internal lcd messes up colors. It is not internal lcd actually, the panel connected via displayport 2 on dock with soldering. So, technically there is no physical internal lcd. internal lcd emulated by extension card, which placed on displayport 2 on dock connector and having displayport wire to the physical internal lcd fullhd panel. i think that this is solely Sierra's graphical driver issue. Because in linux and windows this setup works fine. One difference in those OSes that they detects not only displayport 2 on dock lcd but also dummy display in mirror mode which is physically soldered extention mod card connected to lvds.

So, the question is - is it possible in Sierra detect that dummy card in lvds slot in addition to this detected fullhd lcd, because i do not see it in ioreg output.

tapping f4 on clover main screen and nothing happens.

faulty clover. updated.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    71.2 KB · Views: 134
  • preboot.log.zip
    13 KB · Views: 109
all files are attached to the first and last post. don't know what to add more. Anyways, the problem is solved. Thanks for the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back