Contribute
Register

[Solved Wifi & HD 520 Graphics] MacOS Sierra booted successfully, help configuring hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
That can sound strange but on my laptop ElCap works fine without minstolensize patch. As I told you I used the sRGB color mode and it removes the green font color in the menu bar on the desktop, which was the only artifact I was experiencing. I'm using the default config.plist from Rehabman's repo for Intel HD 520_530, which already contains the minstolensize patch. You can just try to enable it in KextsToPatch section of Clover Configurator.
Glad it worked like that for you! Another user reported it working just by changing platform-id here :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-5559-el-capitan.201119/
I hope it el capitan works for me the same way ^^ fingers crossed.

Also you were right! I was able to boot into Sierra with the Kexts you've provided and without fakeID. But the same artifacting and lagging is still there as you mentioned, and about this mac still shows 7MB.

Btw how do you "rebuild cache in SLE"? Sorry for the noob questions, this is my first serious hackintosh. Right now I booted using "boot without caches" after installing your kexts. Thanks again for your help.

Also you were right! I was able to boot into Sierra with the Kexts you've provided and without fakeID. But the same artifacting and lagging is still there as you mentioned, and about this mac still shows 7MB.

well, that's another example that hacking macOS is unpredictable :) as for me it shows 1536 Mb or something with those kexts.

do you use kext wizard to install kexts? if yes, you can do it there in the maintainance tab (three last checkboxes on the screenshot). it is recommended to do this thing every time you install and uninstall kexts.

Attachments

• xps_lion11_kextwiz.png
    xps_lion11_kextwiz.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 424
by the way, for our Intel HD 520 you need to always put 0x19160000 ig-platform-id to get the graphics working (on ElCap). use fake 0x12345678 only for booting Sierra.

try to put 0x19160000 and use the attached ElCap kexts and I think it will also show you 1,5 Gb video memory.

well, that's another example that hacking macOS is unpredictable :) as for me it shows 1536 Mb or something with those kexts.

do you use kext wizard to install kexts? if yes, you can do it there in the maintainance tab (three last checkboxes on the screenshot). it is recommended to do this thing every time you install and uninstall kexts.
I do use, kext wizard. I haven't noticed the maintainance tab until now. I sucuessfully rebuilt the caches and it boots up with the kexts now.

And I do use 0x19160000 as platform ID, but it's still showing as 7MB... talk about Hackintosh's being unpredictable :p But thanks for getting me this far into Sierra atleast. But I think I'm going to go with El Capitan, as soon as I can find an apple account to donwload 10.11.6.

One Last question, were you able to get everything working on your El Capitan installation? I mean Backlight control? Sleep/Wake? Battery Status? Please let me know. Cheers!

One Last question, were you able to get everything working on your El Capitan installation? I mean Backlight control? Sleep/Wake? Battery Status? Please let me know. Cheers!

everything works except Wifi, which seems to be totally unsuported. I use Easytether app together with my old android phone to connect to the web. You can google it, it's simple.

Backlight control has been working for me out-of-the-box, sleep-wake same - I did nothing to make them work. Battery status - after installing RehabMan-Battery-2016-0628 kext. Sound - VoodooHDA 2.8.8. Ethernet - RealtekRTL8100.kext. Trackpad - VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I attach all what I have.

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    79.8 KB · Views: 121
  • VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 129
  • RehabMan-Battery-2016-0628.zip
    44.6 KB · Views: 161
  • RealtekRTL8100.kext.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 121
everything works except Wifi, which seems to be totally unsuported. I use Easytether app together with my old android phone to connect to the web. You can google it, it's simple.

Backlight control has been working for me out-of-the-box, sleep-wake same - I did nothing to make them work. Battery status - after installing RehabMan-Battery-2016-0628 kext. Sound - VoodooHDA 2.8.8. Ethernet - RealtekRTL8100.kext. Trackpad - VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I attach all what I have.
Hmm that's weird. Backlight control and Sleep/wake are not working for me on Sierra. Are they working for you on Sierra?

Thanks for going through all that trouble for attaching all the files, I will use them for sure when I'm doing my El Capitan Install.

Aalso I brought the Broadcom WIfi card(So, not stock wifi) for the Wifi and its working for me now, had to use FakeID kext to get it to work.

And why are you Rehabman mislead him to binary patch that kext while it's obvious that he has Intel HD 520 which is Skylake?

As I suggested, the user should have google for the correct patch, to see if it is available.
I have no no need for such a patch and think it is a bad idea anyway.
People should check what they are doing.

I'm allowed to make a mistake just as much as anyone.

Certainly anyone barely familiar with X86 assembly can take the patch for 10.11, see what changes it is making and come up with a new patch for 10.12.

But for now nobody seems to have found it yet.

It is not a matter of finding... it is a matter of creating.

Hmm that's weird. Backlight control and Sleep/wake are not working for me on Sierra. Are they working for you on Sierra?

You were asking about ElCap, so I was talking about ElCap, not Sierra. They will not work on Sierra until we have full graphics support on it.

I created two patches, one for BDW, and one for SKL and placed them in the pinned problems post:

That's great! I will try it and leave a feedback immideately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back