Contribute
Register

[Solved Wifi & HD 520 Graphics] MacOS Sierra booted successfully, help configuring hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update! I've managed to set the DVMT-prealloc in our laptop and successfully boot into Sierra without the MinStolenSize Patch. All Credits go to @cappicard who figured it out. Here are the steps:

Use the following at your own risk. I assume no responsibility. This is for information only.

I extracted the BIOS using the Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...niversal-BIOS-Backup-ToolKit-2-0/td-p/1205920).

https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool/releases. I used UEFI Tool NE. I looked for the entry that's labelled Setup (In my case, it's the GUID of 899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC51 and toward the bottom of the tree). I expanded that. Right-clicked on PE32, and hit Extract Body. That gave me an EFI file.

I then used Universal IFR Extractor (http://donovan6000.blogspot.ca/2014/02/universal-ifr-extractor.html) to convert said EFI file into a text file.

That text file should now have the DVMT values. Just do a text search for "DVMT".

For example:
0x3849A Setting: DVMT Pre-Allocated, Variable: 0x426 {05 91 E3 06 06 07 70 27 01 00 26 04 10 10 01 FE 00}
0x384AB Option: 32M, Value: 0x1 {09 07 E4 06 30 00 01}
0x384B2 Option: 64M, Value: 0x2 {09 07 E5 06 00 00 02}
0x384B9 Option: 96M, Value: 0x3 {09 07 E6 06 00 00 03}
0x384C0 Option: 128M, Value: 0x4 {09 07 E7 06 00 00 04}

The EFI variable is 0x426, and the values are those in blue.

Then, finally you can then boot with EFI Shell (https://www.firewolf.science/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/EFI-shell.zip). Just stick it onto a FAT32 formatted USB stick. In my case, I added a Boot Option via the BIOS to boot to the included bootx64.efi file.

Upon booting to the USB stick, just type in: setup_var 0x426 0x3 (to set DVMT Preallocated to 96MB).

And voila. (Hope it works for you as well. Cheers!)
Hello, I still cannot figure this out, are we doing this on Windows or mac? And
"I looked for the entry that's labelled Setup", what is this ? I open the file, it shows"UEFI image".

i success follow the step to patch the kexts, but yeah there are minor glitch

do you find how to patch the minor glitch at the menu bar?

if used DVMT-prealloc the minor glitch at menu bar still appear or not?

hi,could you do me a favor,I followed your instructions,when I used UEFI Tool NE(A40) to open the DellInc.-1.2.1.rom,then I try to find the "labelled Setup" as you said,but I couldn't find it,I upload the screenshot as below,could you tell me where it is,thx very much.
new.PNG

Ok, I just did the following:

1. Put a fakeID 0x12345678 in my config.plist, enable the minstolensize patch 10.12, force AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext to load
2. Boot Sierra WITHOUT CACHES
3. After booting to Sierra rebuild cache with "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"
4. Replace ig-platform-id 0x12345678 with normal 0x19160000
5. Boot Sierra NORMALLY

And it works! No kernel panic now, Intel HD 520 1536 Mb is detected correctly, all visual effects seem to work, no blinking and lagging. That's great! Thank you Rehabman for your help and patience :)

The only visual problem I experience now is a small blinking line over the menu bar. Changing the color mode doesn't help. Is there any solution for this?

Hello Brother, I'm also working on this thing, can you please help me with some of my questions?

I'm a noob and don't understand many things unless they are explained a little where to do them... Please help me fix my issue,

1- Where did you put the fakeID, on bootable USB stick's config.plist file? OR config.plist file on EFI partition?
if you put it on EFI, then my question is, I do not have AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer entry in that config.plist file, would I need to create an entry there?

2- On which config.plist file, should I create ministolensize patch and how to enable it?

3- Boot Sierra without caches, I know this, I'll also rebuild the cache

4- 4. Replace ig-platform-id 0x12345678 with normal 0x19160000 (on which config.plist file, do I need to perform this task)?

Actually I tried the DVMT pre... method, where I modified the config.plist file on usb to reach the installer for the first time, I reached the installer, installed it and now tried many things to get full possible acceleration of 520, I'm not successful I've a hope that I can fix the graphic problem using this method, can you please tell, what things do I need to do before trying this method?

ONE MORE THING: I've also Nvidia 940M, if it has something to do with the issue, please tell, where to disable or anything regarding it

Thank you in advance.... please help

Hello Brother, I'm also working on this thing, can you please help me with some of my questions?

I'm a noob and don't understand many things unless they are explained a little where to do them... Please help me fix my issue,

1- Where did you put the fakeID, on bootable USB stick's config.plist file? OR config.plist file on EFI partition?
if you put it on EFI, then my question is, I do not have AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer entry in that config.plist file, would I need to create an entry there?

2- On which config.plist file, should I create ministolensize patch and how to enable it?

3- Boot Sierra without caches, I know this, I'll also rebuild the cache

4- 4. Replace ig-platform-id 0x12345678 with normal 0x19160000 (on which config.plist file, do I need to perform this task)?

Actually I tried the DVMT pre... method, where I modified the config.plist file on usb to reach the installer for the first time, I reached the installer, installed it and now tried many things to get full possible acceleration of 520, I'm not successful I've a hope that I can fix the graphic problem using this method, can you please tell, what things do I need to do before trying this method?

ONE MORE THING: I've also Nvidia 940M, if it has something to do with the issue, please tell, where to disable or anything regarding it

Thank you in advance.... please help

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Where do I find AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext Where to find this kext?

Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit, does not recognize the bios of my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back