Contribute
Register

[Solved Wifi & HD 520 Graphics] MacOS Sierra booted successfully, help configuring hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'm stuck again! I can't set the DVMT Pre-alloc since my laptop bios doesn't have the setting, also dell packs their bios in a ".exe", from which no matter how hard I try I am unable to extract the ".rom" file, hence I'm unable to proceed with the guide in Laptop FAQ to set the pre-alloc.

What do you recommend I do now? Is there anything else I can try?

I also read that we can fix this by patching the AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer, which I tried via clover configurator, which still didn't work. Do I need to disable minStolenSize patch for this to work?

The ROM file is likely inside the EXE. You can also backup your BIOS to get it...

The minStolenSize patch is for AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer. You need a different one for 10.12 vs. 10.11. It is not recommended, of course, as your system is likely to be (more) unstable.

The ROM file is likely inside the EXE. You can also backup your BIOS to get it...

The minStolenSize patch is for AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer. You need a different one for 10.12 vs. 10.11. It is not recommended, of course, as your system is likely to be (more) unstable.
Yes, the ROM file is inside the EXE. But do you know how to extract it? I've tried /WriteRomFile, UniExtractor, 7-Zip methods and I'm unable to get the rom file using any of them. Looks like dell has is secured pretty well in there.

Any ideas? Is there any other way to do this, without the Bios? I will try starting an off-topic thread to see if anyone knows how to extract the bios in the meantime.

Still no luck with extracting/backing up my bios :( If I was to use the minStolensize patch, how do I do it?

I'm using your HD520 config and I have a kext patch entry with the comment "Disable minStolenSize less or equal...." when viewed in clover configurator. Do I delete it or what do I do to enable the minStolenSize patch?

I know the patch is not recommended, but looks like I have no other option :/ do you have the version compatible with 10.12? I tried googling it up and came with no results. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks in advance.

Still no luck with extracting/backing up my bios :( If I was to use the minStolensize patch, how do I do it?

I'm using your HD520 config and I have a kext patch entry with the comment "Disable minStolenSize less or equal...." when viewed in clover configurator. Do I delete it or what do I do to enable the minStolenSize patch?

I know the patch is not recommended, but looks like I have no other option :/ do you have the version compatible with 10.12? I tried googling it up and came with no results. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks in advance.

The minStolenPatch is an entry in your config.plist KextsToPatch. You will need the one that is specific to 10.12.

The minStolenPatch is an entry in your config.plist KextsToPatch. You will need the one that is specific to 10.12.
I've tried enabling the one for 10.11 and it didn't work, obviously. Can you please help me find the correct miniStolenPatch for 10.12? I've tried to google it but I can't find it anywhere.

Also, should I give up on the bios? Since I can't seem to make a backup of it :/

I've tried enabling the one for 10.11 and it didn't work, obviously. Can you please help me find the correct miniStolenPatch for 10.12? I've tried to google it but I can't find it anywhere.

Also, should I give up on the bios? Since I can't seem to make a backup of it :/

The 10.11 minStolenSize patch will not work on 10.12.
You can find the 10.12 patch with google.

The 10.11 minStolenSize patch will not work on 10.12.
You can find the 10.12 patch with google.
Yeah, but unfortunately no matter how much I google, I can't seem to find it. I'm using "10.12 MiniStolenSize Patch" as keywords.

Can you please provide me with a link to the patch? Thanks a lot!

Thanks again, but I tried the patch but I'm still getting the error below.

What I'm doing is opening config.plist using PlistEdit Pro and copying and pasting the code attached below to the "kexts to patch" area, and then setting FakeID back to 0x00000000 from 0x12345678 and restarting the computer, and I'm given the below error. Am I doing something wrong? Please let me know.
The Code :
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.12</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>iUXIOcd2Tw==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>iUXIOcfrTw==</data>
</dict>

Attachments

• IMG_20160925_232824.jpg
    IMG_20160925_232824.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Thanks again, but I tried the patch but I'm still getting the error below.

What I'm doing is opening config.plist using PlistEdit Pro and copying and pasting the code attached below to the "kexts to patch" area, and then setting FakeID back to 0x00000000 from 0x12345678 and restarting the computer, and I'm given the below error. Am I doing something wrong? Please let me know.
The Code :
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.12</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>iUXIOcd2Tw==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>iUXIOcfrTw==</data>
</dict>

Either you entered the patch incorrectly (no idea without seeing config.plist), or you forgot to boot without caches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back