Contribute
Register

[Solved Wifi & HD 520 Graphics] MacOS Sierra booted successfully, help configuring hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
rehabman
can i use my el capitan ssdt patches for sierra? or do i have to patch again for sierra?

Either you entered the patch incorrectly (no idea without seeing config.plist), or you forgot to boot without caches.
I've tried to boot with -f flag in order to boot without caches, still same error persists.

I've attached my config.plist below. Please let me know what's wrong. Thanks :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 306
I've tried to boot with -f flag in order to boot without caches, still same error persists.

I've attached my config.plist below. Please let me know what's wrong. Thanks :)

Use boot without caches from the Clover menu.

Use boot without caches from the Clover menu.
You mean by pressing space and selecting right? I've tried that as well, but didn't work. Not sure if the space menu works, since I'm using the new Clover version and boot with verbose option also don't work in that menu.

Is -f not the correct flag for booting without caches?

You mean by pressing space and selecting right? I've tried that as well, but didn't work. Not sure if the space menu works, since I'm using the new Clover version and boot with verbose option also don't work in that menu.

The Clover boot menu is always accessed with spacebar.
If the patch is not working, then you might not be booting from the EFI/Clover you think you are, or there is something else wrong with your configuration. Or even with the patch, you still have panic (the minStolenSize patch is really not a good idea).

You can always apply the patch manually if you think Clover's KextsToPatch is not working.

The Clover boot menu is always accessed with spacebar.
If the patch is not working, then you might not be booting from the EFI/Clover you think you are, or there is something else wrong with your configuration. Or even with the patch, you still have panic (the minStolenSize patch is really not a good idea).

You can always apply the patch manually if you think Clover's KextsToPatch is not working.
I figured the clover space menu issue, its working now. But still with boot without caches still gets the same error. I think its the right clover since my Wifi patch is working.

You checked my config right, I've placed the patch under <kextstopatch> array. Should I put it under <patches>?

Can you please tell me how to apply the patch manually? I'd like to give it a try as well. Thanks again.

I figured the clover space menu issue, its working now. But still with boot without caches still gets the same error. I think its the right clover since my Wifi patch is working.

You checked my config right, I've placed the patch under <kextstopatch> array. Should I put it under <patches>?

Can you please tell me how to apply the patch manually? I'd like to give it a try as well. Thanks again.

Use a hex editor to find the Find bytes. Replace with the Replace bytes.

Use a hex editor to find the Find bytes. Replace with the Replace bytes.
Hmm ok. How do I find which bytes to replace and what to replace them with?

Also FakeID for the graphics must be set to 0x00000000 when running the patch right?

Hmm ok. How do I find which bytes to replace and what to replace them with?

Also FakeID for the graphics must be set to 0x00000000 when running the patch right?

The Find/Replace data is clearly documented by the KextsToPatch entry itself.

You should use no FakeID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back