Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] wake causes freeze/panic in Dell 7577

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found references in my DSDT to both EC0, and H_EC,

Your ioreg shows only ECDV.
And look at the code for H_EC. _STA returns 0.
Code:
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB)
    {
        Device (H_EC)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_UID, One)  // _UID: Unique ID
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
            {
                Return (Zero)
            }

If my EC is named ECDV, I will have to rename ECDV to EC, correct?

Yes.

I saw that in my patched SSDT-12 there are references to ECDV. Would I need to rename them manually?

No.
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches applies to DSDT and SSDTs.

However, now I know that we need to define the UsbConnector based on the physical port!

Yes.

And look at the code for H_EC. _STA returns 0.

I see!

in another thread I saw one of your answers:
Your H_EC device is not active as you can clearly see H_EC._STA returns zero (read ACPI spec for details):

Thank you for pointing that out! It really confused me! The only time I ever saw anything return 0 was to indicate that no errors had occurred.

I applied the rename ECDV -> EC and repaired the USB port connectors in my SSDT-UIAC. I really hope I got it right this time!

Thank you again!

Attachments

• debug_12621.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 65
Thank you for pointing that out! It really confused me! The only time I ever saw anything return 0 was to indicate that no errors had occurred.

Always a bad idea to make assumptions. The ACPI specification is very clear on the meanings of the return for _STA.

I applied the rename ECDV -> EC and repaired the USB port connectors in my SSDT-UIAC. I really hope I got it right this time!

The ioreg shows AppleBusPowerController properties working.

Always a bad idea to make assumptions. The ACPI specification is very clear on the meanings of the return for _STA.

Another thing to add to my "must read" list!

RehabMan,
I am amazed by your untiring perseverance in stepping me through the whole process of setting up this machine. I went from having nothing, to be able to work and enjoy my new system and I owe it all to you.
But more importantly, the time and passion you dedicate to this community are beyond what can be expressed with words. Still let me thank you again, wholeheartedly!

Another thing to add to my "must read" list!

RehabMan,
I am amazed by your untiring perseverance in stepping me through the whole process of setting up this machine. I went from having nothing, to be able to work and enjoy my new system and I owe it all to you.
But more importantly, the time and passion you dedicate to this community are beyond what can be expressed with words. Still let me thank you again, wholeheartedly!

Thanks for the compliments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back