Contribute
Register

[Solved] Updating from El Capitan to Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuck in the same place as the beggining of this thread :,( Still not having the FakeSMC kext to be injected.

Attachments

• IMG_3941.JPG
    IMG_3941.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 89
Stuck in the same place as the beggining of this thread :,( Still not having the FakeSMC kext to be injected.
I'm wondering why the boot screen is referring to "AppleIntelFrameBuffer" where it is freezing.
In your BIOS setup, have you selected your IGFX which is Intel HD instead of PCIE?.

I'm wondering why the boot screen is referring to "AppleIntelFrameBuffer" where it is freezing.
In your BIOS setup, have you selected your IGFX which is Intel HD instead of PCIE?.

I have PCIe 1 Slot. Should I choose a different one?

Attachments

• IMG_3944.JPG
    IMG_3944.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 86
I have PCIe 1 Slot. Should I choose a different one?
No, you don't need to change a different PCIe; your choice of PCIE graphics is appropriate. If your graphics card is in PCIE 1 , that must be your choice.
In your CLOVER>kexts>Other, I noted a FakePCIID.kext . What is that for? Is the AppleALC.kext needed there? I know the the other 3( IntelMausiEthernet, FakePCIID_XHCIMux, FakeSMC kexts) are required.

Just see if removing the 2 for now will make any difference

Your drivers64UEFI folder is OK. But I am not sure about your "kexts" folder contents.

Last edited:
No, you don't need to change a different PCIe; your choice of PCIE graphics is appropriate. If your graphics card is in PCIE 1 , that must be your choice.
In your CLOVER>kexts>Other, I noted a FakePCIID.kext . What is that for? Is the AppleALC.kext needed there? I know the the other 3( IntelMausiEthernet, FakePCIID_XHCIMux, FakeSMC kexts) are required.

Just see if removing the 2 for now will make any difference

Your drivers64UEFI folder is OK. But I am not sure about your "kexts" folder contents.

You Rock!!! It's finally installing! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3945.JPG
    IMG_3945.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back