Contribute
Register

[Solved] Updating from El Capitan to Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be using Clover r4045 not r4035.

Trying to boot with this new version of clover but now I can't pass the initial OsxAptioFix2Drv part. I've always used the regular OsxAptioFixDrv-64 file but it doesn't seem to work with this new version of clover

Trying to boot with this new version of clover but now I can't pass the initial OsxAptioFix2Drv part. I've always used the regular OsxAptioFixDrv-64 file but it doesn't seem to work with this new version of clover

To be more specific, tried first with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (Couldn't allocate runtime pages)
Then I tried with the one I always used: OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (Same error allocating runtime pages)

I was finally able to boot with the newest clover version (using osxaptiofix2drv-free2000.efi I found around here) but again... stuck at the same place :,(

Are there any more reasons why FakeSMC could not be injected other than the version of clover?

Edit: Now it also doesn't boot with the osxaptiofix2drv-free2000.efi file :( none of those 3 options boot anymore for me since I updated to the latest clover

Attachments

• IMG_3928.JPG
    IMG_3928.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I was finally able to boot with the newest clover version (using osxaptiofix2drv-free2000.efi I found around here) but again... stuck at the same place :,(

Are there any more reasons why FakeSMC could not be injected other than the version of clover?

Edit: Now it also doesn't boot with the osxaptiofix2drv-free2000.efi file :( none of those 3 options boot anymore for me since I updated to the latest clover
  • Upload your CLOVER folder minus the 'themes" as zipped to the Forum. Review of that might give us some additional clue as to why you are not able to reboot successfully.
  • You may also update your FakeSMC.kext both in CLOVER>kexts>Other as well as /S/L/E; the latter through Kext Wizard.

Thanks, I just installed FakeSMC.kext from that link on my CLOVER>kexts>Other as well as /S/L/E using Kext Wizard.

The problem is that after updating to the latest Clover version, I can't seem to boot with either:
* OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (Always worked for me, still works with my USB with an older version of clover)
* OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (Never worked for me, still doesn't work)
or
* OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (Worked just once and now it doesn't boot any more)

It get's stuck in the "Couldn't allocate runtime area" error.

Attached my Clover folder without the themes one.

I really appreciate all the help. Been stuck for a while in this :( thankfully El Capitan is still installed and I'm able to boot to it using my USB stick.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
Thanks, I just installed FakeSMC.kext from that link on my CLOVER>kexts>Other as well as /S/L/E using Kext Wizard.

The problem is that after updating to the latest Clover version, I can't seem to boot with either:
* OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (Always worked for me, still works with my USB with an older version of clover)
* OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (Never worked for me, still doesn't work)
or
* OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (Worked just once and now it doesn't boot any more)

It get's stuck in the "Couldn't allocate runtime area" error.

Attached my Clover folder without the themes one.

I really appreciate all the help. Been stuck for a while in this :( thankfully El Capitan is still installed and I'm able to boot to it using my USB stick.
  • I am uploading the edited and compressed CLOVER file.
  • I have edited and removed some of the files from drivers64UEFI folder and made it leaner.
  • I have replaced the current "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" with "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi" that has previously helped you to reach Clover Boot Manager screen without the KP from Memory allocation error.
  • I just made your "config plist Boot> Arguments" to include dart=0 flag, "GUI">"Scan" section as "Custom"
Please keep a copy of your current CLOVER folder somewhere safe and try the edited CLOVER.zip unzipped instead and try booting.
I hope this helps.​

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • I am uploading the edited and compressed CLOVER file.
  • I have edited and removed some of the files from drivers64UEFI folder and made it leaner.
  • I have replaced the current "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" with "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi" that has previously helped you to reach Clover Boot Manager screen without the KP from Memory allocation error.
  • I just made your "config plist Boot> Arguments" to include dart=0 flag, "GUI">"Scan" section as "Custom"
Please keep a copy of your current CLOVER folder somewhere safe and try the edited CLOVER.zip unzipped instead and try booting.
I hope this helps.​

Still can't get it to boot :( same "Couldn't allocate runtime area error"

Attachments

• IMG_3940.JPG
    IMG_3940.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
Still can't get it to boot :( same "Couldn't allocate runtime area error"

After 10 attempts it finally booted, now waiting to see if it passes the DSMOS part that was always failing, will edit this post once I get there

After 10 attempts it finally booted, now waiting to see if it passes the DSMOS part that was always failing, will edit this post once I get there
Since you have the latest FakeSMC.kext, I expect you to cross that bridge too. The problem you had earlier before multiple reboots , I guess, was from Clover's old left over of previous AptioFix....,.from NVRAM loading which would have gone away after multiple shut downs acting like "resets" .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back