Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] The Dreaded Asus Z10PE-D8 WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK .... Decompressed using iASL5.1 and 6.1 and tested both versions with MaciASL, I was kinda hoping it would have spotted the new 6.1 under preferences but sadly not. So reading the 6.1 decompression version results in 12 errors that are within the first 200 lines of the DSDT that are all related to naming conventions and missing brackets, however opening the 5.1 decompressed version results in more errors, none of which comparable to the 6.1 version so now I don't know which one to trust and repair - lol

Martin

OK .... Decompressed using iASL5.1 and 6.1 and tested both versions with MaciASL, I was kinda hoping it would have spotted the new 6.1 under preferences but sadly not. So reading the 6.1 decompression version results in 12 errors that are within the first 200 lines of the DSDT that are all related to naming conventions and missing brackets, however opening the 5.1 decompressed version results in more errors, none of which comparable to the 6.1 version so now I don't know which one to trust and repair - lol

Martin

Use iASL 6.1. Did you download MaciASL from RehabMans fork?

I downloaded and built iASL61 from his git repository and then added the resulting compiler/decompiler to my existing MaciASL.app/contents/MacOS as per his instructions

Martin

I downloaded and built iASL61 from his git repository and then added the resulting compiler/decompiler to my existing MaciASL.app/contents/MacOS as per his instructions

Martin

Note. You only need to apply patches that are needed.

I haven't even got to applying any patches yet - i am slow at this game - lol
spend more time reading than doing ;)

Martin

Got a much better result this time use external references and decompiling with -da rather than using the header warning method .... Now i can get some of these fixed with no problems. But i know i am going to struggle with the errors that all say "6090, Min/Max/Length/Gran are all zero, but no resource tag"

Martin

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 22.08.19.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 22.08.19.png
    209.3 KB · Views: 92
Ok I am now stuck and could do with some help with the DSDT editing. I have whittled it down to 9 errors and 8 warnings. I am not too concerned about the warnings, other than two are generated on just one line of code with reference to _CSR so if someone knows how to fix that it would be a bonus.

The Errors are commented in P0RS.txt which is a large block. P1 through P3RS.txt files are just a few lines of code and are provided if you don't want to trawl through the whole DSDT file, which is also provided incase you need to.

Would be great if @RehabMan could find time in his busy schedule to take a look :)

Attachments

• Z10PE-D8-WS-DSDT-Errors.zip
    73 KB · Views: 88
Another thing in common with the Z9PE-D8 board is that they both generate the AppleKCS::waitForIBF timed out! - I have hunted around for this and it seems to be AppleACPIPlatform related, the only other references I can find relate to Lights Out Management (LOM) which i have no idea about at all, other than it's Ethernet related ... I have tried several different AppleAcpiPlatform files but none are getting the board to work so far.... Trawling through c++ code aint no fun when you're getting old - lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back