Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] The Dreaded Asus Z10PE-D8 WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Going Bald .... Where'd you find that out - Every look-up i tried refers to it as Lights Out Manager - LAN On Motherboard sure as hell sounds better than what i got, and certainly makes more sense too .... I am just doing a Clean install too, will kill it and then disable the cards via the BIOS - they are unsupported from what I can find.

Snippet from the manual lists them as ...

Intel® I210AT LAN Solution

The motherboard comes with two Gigabit LAN controllers and ports which provide a total solution for your networking needs. The onboard Intel® I210AT Gigabit LAN controllers use the PCI Express interface and could achieve network throughput close to Gigabit bandwidth.

Martin
LOM is from server days when the server board did not have LAN NICs onboard - you had to have a PCI network card in your server. You probably have to be an old fart like me to remember those days! (Note: I am not as old as Stork is, though - he is ancient)

Tested and no difference, put them to legacy, put them to UEFI and disabled via BIOS.
Tested with RTL8111 PCIe will only connect up in legacy mode, but makes no difference with upgrading to ML - still the same error AppleKCS::waitForIBF timed out!

Tested and no difference, put them to legacy, put them to UEFI and disabled via BIOS.
Tested with RTL8111 PCIe will only connect up in legacy mode, but makes no difference with upgrading to ML - still the same error AppleKCS::waitForIBF timed out!
Then you have run me out of ideas to try. Good luck with it. I briefly googled your error and could not find anything recent or that seemed to be anywhere close to your problem, so I do not know where you can go for info/help with it.

Then you have run me out of ideas to try. Good luck with it. I briefly googled your error and could not find anything recent or that seemed to be anywhere close to your problem, so I do not know where you can go for info/help with it.

Yup! Always knew this was going to be an interesting project but thought it might have gotten easier after a couple of years going past from its launch. The only other reference that I can find regarding this issue is here on TonyMac and that one turned out to be AppleACPIPlatform, I have tried the fixed/patched version there, but don't know who created it.

I will have to chase the poster down and see if they are still active here

Martin

Well digging deeper with just waitForIBF says it can be found in lots of things, from Fan Controllers to PS2 devices and to even being something to do with the FreeBSD Kernel, so I am still at a loss !

Martin

Well digging deeper with just waitForIBF says it can be found in lots of things, from Fan Controllers to PS2 devices and to even being something to do with the FreeBSD Kernel, so I am still at a loss !

Martin

Does you're board have PS/2 or Serial Port/Paralell ports or headers on the board for those type of older hardware?

Just looked at the manual for you're board. It has Serial and COM headers. Disable them in the bios. OS X could be talking to them for some reason and causing it to hang.

Just looked at the manual for you're board. It has Serial and COM headers. Disable them in the bios. OS X could be talking to them for some reason and causing it to hang.

Already done that too, it's one of the first things i disable as i don't use anything that requires the old boy connector anymore, but thanks for checking in on me :)

Intelligent Platform Management Interface = IPMICommand retries - which is the other part to the error is bringing me back pretty much full circle. If i try installing El-Cap on the Z10PE then I get AppleCPUPowerManagement KP, so if i try and be smart and switch to NullCPUPowerManagement then i get the unrecognised CPU and unknown sensor errors ... Didn't think this would bother me this far back down the OS X version tree.... I guess it's gonna be a tough nut to crack!

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back