Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] The Dreaded Asus Z10PE-D8 WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What version MacIASL ACPI are you using? I am using 6.1 Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 10.20.01 AM.pngand, while it gives a lot of warnings, your DSDT.dsl compiles without errors: Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 10.25.20 AM.png

Uploading a zipped compiled version for you to try.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 94
What version MacIASL ACPI are you using? I am using 6.1 View attachment 210772and, while it gives a lot of warnings, your DSDT.dsl compiles without errors: View attachment 210773

Uploading a zipped compiled version for you to try.

Well slap me sideways - How come you have 6.1 in your options/prefs. I only get the drop down list and there is no 6.1 in there. I built 6.1 from RehbMan's source and injected into my MaciASL as directed.

Martin

Thanks PiLGRIM!! - Works like a charm

Martin

The reason you are getting all the "Duplicate value in list(Source is same as Target)" warnings is because the latest versions of iASL do not like it when an operator has the same object as both source and destination - i.e read the register and write the value read back to the same register.
You can get rid of the warnings if you think it worth the effort by replacing the Store command with 2 commands - first read/write the value to a temp storage, than write the temp storage back to the original register.

Code:
Store (SSTS, SSTS)

is replaced by

Store (SSTS, Local1)
Store (Local1, SSTS)

If it is a problem in the latest iASL maybe the authors will fix the problem in the next version. Previous versions had no problems with this type of read/write to same register.
You might try to write a patch to do a global find and replace and make the time to fix it shorter if you think it worth the effort. I usually ignore the warnings unless they are simple to fix.

I also have that same opinion of warnings, but because of the LOM/AppleAcpiPlatform errors that are preventing me from being able to upgrade to ML I just wonder if those things might be goofing it up .... What do you think ?

Martin
PS - Thanks P1LGRIM and Going Bald for taking the time to look

I also have that same opinion of warnings, but because of the LOM/AppleAcpiPlatform errors that are preventing me from being able to upgrade to ML I just wonder if those things might be goofing it up .... What do you think ?

Martin
PS - Thanks P1LGRIM and Going Bald for taking the time to look
No telling. What boot-args are you using? Usually ACPIPlatform KPs can be bypassed with npci=0x2000. Works on my X99M Killer.

No telling. What boot-args are you using? Usually ACPIPlatform KPs can be bypassed with npci=0x2000. Works on my X99M Killer.

I don't KP, I get AppleKCS::waitForIBF timed out! which repeats several times, then adds IPMICommand timed out, that loops for 3 to 6 times before the computer does a warm reset

The only references I can find to the AppleKCS:: is AppleAcpiPlatform and LOM (Ethernet and is Xserve related or appears to be)

DSDT now down to 20 warnings, much more respectable :) ... Thanks Guys! :p

Martin

I don't KP, I get AppleKCS::waitForIBF timed out! which repeats several times, then adds IPMICommand timed out, that loops for 3 to 6 times before the computer does a warm reset

The only references I can find to the AppleKCS:: is AppleAcpiPlatform and LOM (Ethernet and is Xserve related or appears to be)

DSDT now down to 20 warnings, much more respectable :) ... Thanks Guys! :p

Martin
LOM is LAN On Motherboard. Try disabling your NIC in UEFI and see if that clears it up.

Thanks Going Bald .... Where'd you find that out - Every look-up i tried refers to it as Lights Out Manager - LAN On Motherboard sure as hell sounds better than what i got, and certainly makes more sense too .... I am just doing a Clean install too, will kill it and then disable the cards via the BIOS - they are unsupported from what I can find.

Snippet from the manual lists them as ...

Intel® I210AT LAN Solution

The motherboard comes with two Gigabit LAN controllers and ports which provide a total solution for your networking needs. The onboard Intel® I210AT Gigabit LAN controllers use the PCI Express interface and could achieve network throughput close to Gigabit bandwidth.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back