Register

[SOLVED] The Dreaded Asus Z10PE-D8 WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try changing

Device (LAN0)

to

Device (ETH0)

in DSDT so if the LOM stuff is defined somewhere in SSDTs it might not get executed by OSPM

Not yet, but i found my PRAD.AML table - whatever that is ... Gonna add VoodooTSCSync now to Clover, and that PRAD table is really small so i am gonna drop it here and see if you know what is - lol

Attachments

• PRAD.aml
    258 bytes · Views: 109
You need to get OS X installed and up and running before you start with DSDTs etc. Have you tried VoodooTSCSync yet?

I have Snow Leopard running on the board - It's the only one that plays so far!
Just tried VoodooTSCSync - No difference

Martin

I have Snow Leopard running on the board - It's the only one that plays so far!
Just tried VoodooTSCSync - No difference

Martin

I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.

I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.

No problems mate, don't be scared :) I always knew this one was going to be tough. I have to pester a few people and see if i get a response, you never know i might be able to tweak their curiosity ... I am going to see if i can get Lion 10.7 on, I haven't tried that one yet, if i can get that version on then i can start hitting the box with some other tools and can stop running across the room like a demented mad man :D

Martin

Been shopping again to see if i can make life easier:
  • Purchased another NIC that's supposedly more compatible with OS X (RTL8169SC) you never know it might just rattle something into working - lol
  • Purchased another graphics card, this time a HP Nvidia Quadro FX 4500, the output ports look to be the same as the ones originally fitted to the older Mac Pros so hopefully that will be recognised properly since the card fitted is a Frankenstein guess what i am really card i guess it could be causing issues with sensors
  • Apple store Lion OS X 10.7.?? since I can't download it, going to keep this image safe as this makes it the second time I have had to purchase this! If it installs then at least i can get MaciASL on the box, plus other tools

More fun ahead :think:

Been shopping again to see if i can make life easier:
  • Purchased another NIC that's supposedly more compatible with OS X (RTL8169SC) you never know it might just rattle something into working - lol
  • Purchased another graphics card, this time a HP Nvidia Quadro FX 4500, the output ports look to be the same as the ones originally fitted to the older Mac Pros so hopefully that will be recognised properly since the card fitted is a Frankenstein guess what i am really card i guess it could be causing issues with sensors
  • Apple store Lion OS X 10.7.?? since I can't download it, going to keep this image safe as this makes it the second time I have had to purchase this! If it installs then at least i can get MaciASL on the box, plus other tools

More fun ahead :think:

Yes. You can purchase Lion 10.7.5 from Apple. http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/D6106ZM/A/os-x-lion

Yup, ordered it this afternoon, but it just shows as 10.7 hence the .?? in the above post

Martin

It'll most likely be 10.7.5 as they give you the redemption code for the Mac App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back