Contribute
Register

[Solved] Text on Screen While Booting With Clover (Dual Boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i5 8600K
Graphics
Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB AMP Core Edition
Hey guys,

Brand new Hackintosher here! Hope I'm posting my question in the right place.

So I've been getting this message before each boot (refer to image).

It hasn't affected booting in any way, just another one of those guys irked by having an "imperfection" on screen each time I power up.

I know there are many threads that address this problem but as for my case, if I have only my Mac drive plugged in (it's HFS formatted), the message does not show up. But once I have my Windows drive plugged in together with it, that's when the message starts to show. I've already tried replacing the apfs.efi file with the latest one but that hasn't seemed to work.

If it's of any help, I've followed the threads "Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Seperate Drives", here on tonymacx86 and also "How to Update + Current and Past apfs.efi Downloads".

If anyone is keen on helping me out here, that would very much appreciated.

Thanks for viewing everyone!

I apologize for replying to my own post but for some reason I can't submit an edited post. Here's the photo.

Attachments

• Boot Text.JPG
    Boot Text.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 114
It is just text generated by the APFS and can be suppressed if you really want to - Use Search for details.
If you are not using APFS the messages will not appear if you delete apfs.efi from your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back